The Shaving Cadre

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nurse Dave's Journal

Thursday:

1680 days of consecutive shaving - 703 open-blade shaves
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Grooming Dept Diamond Dust
Stirling synth
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Tom Ford Oud Minerale

1681 days of consecutive shaving - 703 open-blade shaves
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Los Jabones de Joserra Blas de Lezo Spanish Shavers
Stirling synth
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather

Last day of the survey today. Been intense, to say the least, but I've had a good relationship with two of the surveyors. So while tiring, it at least hasn't been combative. And somehow I've managed to buy a watch and a brush in the middle of the survey. Which my wife has noted per credit card charges. What's the over/under of her forgetting by the time I get home?

She won't forget you bought them....but days after they arrive, she wouldn't be able to pick them out amongst the ocean of others they'll blend into. (you may have a problem....just sayin')

1682 days of consecutive shaving - 703 open-blade shaves
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Highlands Springs Soap Co Forge
RazoRock synth
Goodfellow Cedar Orange

Wanted to do a video this morning because I had a lot to say, but only had 15 for a shave. Had to get the daughter to an appointment to pick glasses. Her prescription is only like 0.5+ so you can’t find them in stores. Plus might as well use her optical benefit finally.

During the last two days of the survey I was also dealing with a moody/upset teen at home. Long story short, the boy she wants to spend time with is now required to come by the house first for a 1:1 talk with dad. We do pretty well with telling the girls we know we have basically no control over who they talk to or spend time with, but this one needs to be verbally slapped around respect and expected behavior.

Whew! We got lucky on that one! Ramble, ramble 😂 j/k. And hey I pay for videos as a sponsor, c’mon now

Wow! You forgot I pay you in sweet tarts and English muffins? I am worried about you

Just remember you were once a dumb teenage boy with one thing on your mind. Go easy on him out of old times sake. But do make sure he's being respectful.

Sunday:

1683 days of consecutive shaving - 704 open-blade shaves
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Hendrix Classics & Co Empire State of Mind
Copper boar
Dior Sauvage

Video posted

1684 days of consecutive shaving - 704 open-blade shaves
Asylum "The Doctor" Rx w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Lakewood Soap Co Beale Street
Custom synth
Le Labo The Noir 29

Whoomp, here we is. Back to your normally scheduled week. I dunno why B Dave keeps bringing up he sold me this razor. Only proves my superior skillz are what it took to tame it. Beautiful shave today with no alum sting.

Yep, had a talk with "the boy". It was 1/3 come to Jesus, 1/3 listening board, 1/3 counseling session. And kudos to him for showing up to take his lashings.

Gerry asked on the Zoom if I've started any of those watch repair courses I paid for. Nope, but I keep thinking about them. I think that will be the goal for this week. Not sure how they work, but I'm hoping maybe they concentrate on a certain movement so I can take one apart and put it back together again. What's that I hear? Another need to buy stuff? I think I'll get most tools other than a spring winder. It sounds like it's just more cost-effective to buy new pre-wound springs.

Back