The Shaving Cadre

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nurse Dave's Journal

1667 days of consecutive shaving - 696 open-blade shaves
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (2)
GTB
Graydog Education History
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
GTB AS
Yardley Equity talc
GTB EdP

No pic, I guess I moved my phone and it's all blurry. GTB really is one that needs to be used more often. I've found myself again using soaps not because they are my favorite (don't you worry, all of you guys are my favorite), but sometimes because I just haven't used them for a while. I've been thinking I need to box up all those used under this premise and send them to someone for further appreciation. There could be a subconscious thought that if I get rid of a bunch of soaps it justifies replacing them. But that does seem logical.

Saturday:

1668 days of consecutive shaving - 697 open-blade shaves
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Darwin
Sorrentino Seafoam
Darwin AS
Yardley Equity talc

Sunday:

1669 days of consecutive shaving - 697 open-blade shaves
Gillette Aristocrat 1952-1954 ❤️ w/ Israeli Personna (2)
Sudsy Soapery White Sage & Lime
Graydog Education History
Yardley Equity talc

1670 days of consecutive shaving - 698 open-blade shaves
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (4)
RazoRock Plague Doctor
Maggard synth
Yardley Equity talc
Le Labo Tabac 28

Up and at em on this holiday morning. It's a holiday for everyone else but the people the survey us. So all the leaders were in early in case they didn't show up. They didn't, so now the boss is taking us out for breakfast. Not thrilled with losing out on a lazy morning, but a free breakfast isn't bad.

My boss had a predilection for a food place where they were friendly with the management and so if certain sales targets were hit in a month at work, then breakfast from there was bought in.
Except some of us don't eat that food and it was not that great anyway. The popular vote was 'give me the cash and i'll buy my own breakfast!' Ungrateful plebs we are.

That Aristocrat is a looker.

T

1671 days of consecutive shaving - 698 open-blade shaves
Rockwell 6S w/ Israeli Personna (3)
Oleo Soapworks Empire
Maggard synth
Oleo Soapworks Empire AS
Jo Malone Silver Birch & Lavender

No surveyors today either, which means it won't be this week. So we start the waiting game all over again next week. Opted for the quick shave today, not nearly as fun as an open blade though but got the job done.

1672 days of consecutive shaving - 699 open-blade shaves
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Oleo Soapworks Empire & RazoRock Plague Doctor
Oz purple
Marc-Antoine B683

I put yesterday's soap on top of Monday's leftover soap. So today I just used what was left in the bowl from both of those. Crazy, right?!?!

I mentioned before I was going to get one of those continuous glucose monitor deals. Started it on Saturday, and it's like magic. What a great tool to see your body's real-time response to well, everything. I get why my insurance wouldn't cover it for everyone given the cost, but it sure is effective if you want to keep close tabs on everything. It's also just plain amazing this little tiny thing can measure your blood sugar and automatically send the value every minute to your phone. Amazing I tell ya!

Back