The Shaving Cadre

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nurse Dave's Journal

Thursday:

1659 days of consecutive shaving - 690 open-blade shaves
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Oz Shaving Winter
?
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Florida Water

1660 days of consecutive shaving - 691 open-blade shaves
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Oz Shaving Woodchopper
TSC Legacy
Hermetico Source 1

Some days it's just handy to work at a hospital. I had a call with my doc a couple of days ago, which resulted in her reviewing the "You know you're due for..." list. So today I had an appointment for a blood pressure check, then around lunch I went to get labs done, later today I get the old people's pneumonia shot, and I have two trips to the pharmacy for my daughter. I was thinking what a pain in the tookis getting all this done would be if I couldn't just pop into places between meetings. Of course, the bad side is if something major happened and I was admitted into the hospital, people I know might have to be messing with my junk.

1661 days of consecutive shaving - 692 open-blade shaves
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Strop Shoppe Teak Wood
Custom synth

1663 days of consecutive shaving - 693 open-blade shaves
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Tallow + Steel Sicily
Chisel and Hound 26mm
Prorasso Mint and Rosemary talc
Penhaligon's Opus 1870

Hello folks! Pretty good weekend. Got some errands done on Saturday. Loaded up on candy and junk to fill Valentine bags for the "kids". Dropped off some shirts for altering. I guess my arms are short or something? Many of the things I've been trying on recently have arms that are too long. I guess getting stuff altered at the cleaners down the street will have to do until I get set up with a tailor in London to have bespoke clothing made to my tastes.

All the lab tests came back fine and even @Scuttlesoap with all his nonsense about being a royal something didn't raise my blood pressure. I did know that my A1C would be higher than it had been. I got into a bad habit of not checking my blood sugar for a very long time since it was always fine and I pretty much knew what I could and couldn't eat. But I started letting more and more of the couldn't eat slip through. My A1C is still where they want it, but I would like it lower. Knowing myself, I won't be good about checking my sugar in the morning, so I'm waiting for an old-fashioned paper prescription to be mailed from my doc so I can go get one of those continuous monitors. My insurance won't pay for it if you're not on insulin, but I think it'll be worth having.

Lastly, I smell just lovely today. I think this might be one of the least appreciated scents out there. Classy, long-lasting, and non-offensive. Since @BarberDave said he's turning his back on Penhaligon's because it's too young and hip now, I'm kind of expecting a box with his castoffs.

1664 days of consecutive shaving - 694 open-blade shaves
Kamisori w/ Feather Proguard (3)
RazoRock Aqua
AP Smoke knot
Yardley Equity talc
Bleu de Chanel

Boys, I have gotten so good at this shaving thing, I'm getting BBS from 2 passes and just a little touch-up on the neck. BOOM! What's the level above professional? @heysi maybe I need to add something to my title? Just as I finished my shave I got a call from the nursing supervisor that someone in another department saw on some website that our big audit is starting today. I text our Quality leaders, and my boss checks the official website. Nothing yet. Now, this is like 6am and they don't post this info until 7am. But here I am at work a little earlier than normal just in case. So we'll see. Sometimes people have contacts in hotels and such to get the drop on this sort of thing.

It’s OK, the auditors will be so distracted by Dave’s clean shaven, excellent smelling mug, that they’ll pass with flying colors. 😎👍

Back