The Shaving Cadre

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nurse Dave's Journal

1653 days of consecutive shaving - 687 open-blade shaves
Kamisori w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Talbot Shaving Marlogue Wood
Sorrentino Sea Foam
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Talbot Shaving Marlogue Wood As
Scents of Wood something

Well, it looks like @Scuttlesoap is all fired up to charge into the weekend, while I'm content to just quietly slide there. Another professional-level shave of course and smelling oh so lovely of a mix of wood and citrus. We've been watching Yellowstone and enjoying it much more than we thought we would. It's funny thought that in a different setting, the story line seems to be similar to the Billions. So if you've seen one and not the other, check it out. Unless you're just watching Yellowstone for the horses and cowboy hats.

Monday:

1656 days of consecutive shaving - 688 open-blade shaves
Asylum "The Doctor" Rx w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Grooming Dept Diamond Dust
Omega boar
Prorasso Mint and Rosemary talc
Tom Ford Oud Minerale

Please refer to Brian's post above ^^^

1657 days of consecutive shaving - 688 open-blade shaves
Asylum "The Doctor" Rx w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Lakewood Soap Company Prairie Song
??
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

My appologies to our gentle member from....well I don't know what they are calling it anymore. Sorry, @Scuttlesoap for my delay in posting and kudos to you for not letting it delay your peanut gallery comments. I actually slept for 8.5 hours straight last night, which made me late and thus no picture. I also got into the habit of using talc over the weekend because I can slow things down a little. Nice little perk. Yesterday was an off-site for the Quality leadership of all our hospitals. I'm not an off-site kind of guy. My hat's off to those that have the mentality of knowing you can really only schedule about 3 hours of content into a full day of people in a room. I couldn't do that if I were in charge. There would be 7 hrs worth of stuff, 30min for lunch and pee on your own time.

I got in my next bolus of french cuff shirts, so now I'm up to 5, I should be able to make them a part of the standard rotation. Next, a black overcoat.

Last edited:
Of course you could take the half step to a waistcoat before adding the overcoat. now that I don’t wear suits, or even ties for that matter, I do still keep a white shirt and the waistcoat from my old tuxedo (which I have shrunk back into) if I must dress.

You are decidedly old school, Dave. With precious little time for nurses to complete their work, hospitals are squeezed for time. At the beginning of my career, our annual inservices for mandatory skills took two days. Eventually, that was reduced to 4 hours training. 🤑

Finally..... Dave becoming a Gentleman. I have said it before you need a Bowler Hat and cane to complete the look

Back