The Shaving Cadre

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nurse Dave's Journal

The only way to make the Oren better than the Vector is to send it to Blackland Razors - have them melt it down and make a nice stand out of it and have them send back a Vector in it’s place.

1645 days of consecutive shaving - 682 open-blade shaves
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Eufros Park Avenue
Sorrentino Seafoam
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Cremo Blue Cedar and Cypress

BACK! By popular demand!

1646 days of consecutive shaving - 683 open-blade shaves
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (4)
GTB
Copper boar
GTB AS
GTB EdP

GTB Friday baby!! This day is kicking my tookus. Have a couple of major things that need to go out today and half of my staff has been out sick most of the week. Stay safe out there!

At my workplace, the latest cry off today (Friday) was some incredible infection that obviously science has missed, such that having been able to walk and work yesterday, it was medically impossible for a grown man to walk and attend today!

For fun i like to collect the excuses and amuse myself.

i realize that derailing threads never happens here, but for a bit of fun it'd be great to hear some of the excuses that members have heard for skiving off missing work!

T

For the last 8 years - I have been lucky to work for a great boss - she is extremely tough but fair - but everyone is scared of her that they wouldn’t dare try - because she has a great BS meter….

That being said - in one of my previous roles, before working remote was really a thing - we had a snow storm - now mind you, in MD - snow storm is really a light dusting that is usually gone by mid afternoon. I was managing a team of engineers and one of them happen to live down the street from me. He called me on my cell to tell me that he couldn’t make it to work because the snow was too dangerous even for his all wheeled drive……then he realized that I had already gone into work. Needless to say - he came in late - but he came in.

Saturday:

1647 days of consecutive shaving - 684 open-blade shaves
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Saponificio Varesino 2.0 two-band 26mm Manchurian High Mountain White badger knot in Ziricote handle
Saponificio Varesino Opuntia AS

Back