The Shaving Cadre

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nurse Dave's Journal

1623 days of consecutive shaving - 670 open-blade shaves
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizmet (1)
Darwin
AP flat top knot
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Darwin AS

Well, this Darwin is a great scent. Maybe a little boozy like gin? The cork stopper in the AS is crap though. I need @Scuttlesoap's opinion of a EdP that would match as the AS scent doesn't last.

With the coming storm, the wife and I went and got a few sandbags last night. I pulled the Tesla into the carport as far as it would go and then put the sandbags in the front corner of the carport where the water tends to flow in from a downspout and the steep downhill driveway. Since my wife doesn't have to go into the office this week I took her SUV to work just in case. Then this morning I had this text exchange (summarized)

Wife: Well, that was fun moving all the sandbags to get the car out this morning.
Me: Why did you need to get the car out?
Wife: I had to take the youngest to school early.
Me: Why didn't you just take the car we park on the street?
Wife: ..... I just realized that now.

Here’s hoping you stay safe! Put an inflatable rowboat in the back seat of your SUV just in case.

For the soap/AS - I have used Chanel Monsieur EdP (which is in my top 5) that matches with it best IMO. I have also used Versace Pour Homme - but that will not last in this cool weather.

Others to consider are Armani Eau Pour Homme, Commodity Gin EdP, Dua Sidecar Cocktail, - I might even try Armani Stronger with You Freeze - not that the dry down is a match - but the citrus on the top would probably make it work. But my first choice still would be Chanel Monsieur EdP (Not the EdT - which is great also - but won‘t be as long lasting - this is one of the few where the EdP really is just a stronger version of the EdT)

Stay safe brother!

1624 days of consecutive shaving - 671 open-blade shaves
Shavette w/ Wizmet (1)
MacDuff's Royal Early Grey
Wolf Whiskers
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Juniper Sling

My wife didn't like that I kept asking where the rest of the storm was. She was fine with it not lasting as long as they predicted. The winds were worse than we've experienced, but the rain wasn't. So we had a little water leaking into the house, but have had much more before. I had brought most everything inside, but the gas air frier that was on the deck got thrown around. And the tenant's motorcycle cover was ripped off. I went to put it back on for him this morning, but it's a goner torn down the whole length. Got some nifty lighting and thunder as well which is pretty unusual around these parts. Only get that every few years or so. We'll see how the rest of the week goes with ongoing rain and potential mudslides and flooding. I start a week of on-call again Saturday morning, so big issues would be cool.

Oh ya, decided to change the numbering of my daily shaves. I'll still keep track of what type of shave and such in my app, but I figured I didn't try to balance out the types of shaves any more so there's one less thing to be wrong about when posting.

Back