The Shaving Cadre

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nurse Dave's Journal

1629 days of consecutive shaving - 674 open-blade shaves
Blackland Vector w/ Schick Proline (2)
Crema da Barba Assoluto
Stirling synth
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Le Labo AS balm
TOBS Jermyn Street

Whooeee, I over did it a bit with the ole TOBS. I can only imagine how intense I smell to those around me when it's after 2pm and I still smell strong to me. Hey, I like to spread the love, but I certainly don't want anyone avoiding the office either. I'll try to take it easy on them tomorrow.

I have to share I know there's a lot of love for Stirling around here and I have another reason. I got an email from Rod saying he has some problems reported with his new candles and wanted to know if I had anything happen. This was back before the holidays. At that time I was still burning the one I had from the year before so just thanked him for the note. I got the new one yesterday and did run into a problem with it. I told him what was going on and immediately he responded with a few solutions. Love those guys.

In other news. My wife was poking around looking at cruises again and long story short, we're making up for lost time this year I guess. Just booked one towards the end of the summer in northern Europe where we'll be flying into London, and hitting France, Iceland, Norway, and Denmark. Best part is we chose a fare that we had to pay in full right away and can't cancel, so we're committed. We often do these things, put down a deposit and then have second thoughts and cancel. This time we're doin' it!

This sounds like a cruise for me! I'd love to cruise Europe someday. Saaay, if you or the missus can't make it, I'll go instead so as not to waste that nonrefundable ticket. (y)

1630 days of consecutive shaving - 675 open-blade shaves
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (3)
A&E London
Sorrentino Sea Foam

@ME2Shaves I started the morning with 20g of Tanzanian Peaberry roasted by Raging Sage in Tucson in an Aeropress with 11oz of water out of the hot water thingie at work.

The weather last night got a wave of rains and a bit of lightning and thunder. Hasn't been bad today but consistent rains started a while ago. Taking my daughter to start drum lessons this evening. She hasn't ever played an instrument but she asked for a drum pad for Christmas. I'm not sure what spurred this interest, but if it gets her doing something other than her phone and watching videos, then I'm all for it!

Drum lessons?! That’s how it starts…next you’ll be soundproofing your garage after the neighbors complain about noise from the jam sessions. 😜

We did the Europe cruise on Royal Caribbean a few years ago. Norway is beautiful but expensive. London is amazing (trying to go back soon) and Paris is.... Paris....but it's Paris so ahhhh... Paris! Have fun and if I can be of any research help...let me know.

The electronic ones are good. I got those for Jjay ( our oldest ) when he asked for drums. He (and we) really like them, he can use the amp when it doesnt matter about the noise or he can use the headphones when it does matter... There is still the sound of thumping on the electronic pads but it is Very muted... He was also able to have what would have been a larger drum kit but it takes less space in the house..

Saturday:

1633 days of consecutive shaving - 677 open-blade shaves
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (6)
CBL Breakfast Blend
Stirling synth
The Holy Black Cowboy Coffee

Back