The Shaving Cadre

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nurse Dave's Journal

I spent two years in the Bay Area and never knew that. It's very common around here. Watching a thunder and lightning storm is very relaxing, if it's far enough off.

Sitting on our covered patio during a rainstorm is a nice way to spend a summer evening, provided you are stocked with libations and cigars.

1625 days of consecutive shaving - 672 open-blade shaves
Shavette w/ Wizmet (2)
Murphy & McNeil Granuaile
Paladin Honey Oscar Noir
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomad

That's right, I'm smelling delicious alllll day long.

Saturday:

1626 days of consecutive shaving - 672 open-blade shaves
Asylum “The Doctor” RX w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Strike Gold Shave Fireside Chat
Copper Boar
Prorasso Mint and Rosemary talc
Alexandria Sweet Smoke

I dunno what you guys are talking about. This soap has next to no scent.

1627 days of consecutive shaving - 673 open-blade shaves
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Scheermonnik Soek
Blue Honycomb
Le Labo AS balm
Mark Buxton Nameless

For @ME2Shaves the morning started with 25g of Nurse Dave’s Shaving World Breakfast Blend which is a Brazil Sweet Yellow bean from Daterra Estate roasted to a medium level. Ground in a Fellow Ode set to 3.1 then brewed in a V60 with 400g of 208 degree water.

My family and I took a southwest vacation years ago. Flew to San Antonio, rented a car, then proceeded to drive to San Diego. Along the way we went to Carlsbad Cavern, White Sands, Petrified Forest, Painted Desert, the meteorite site, Las Vegas, then San Diego for a few days. We drove a little more than 3000 miles as we made our way to the west coast. As we traversed NM, NV, and southern CA we experienced and/or witnessed torrential downpours, thunder and lightning storms that were spectacular. Desert weather is certainly dramatic.

Back