The Shaving Cadre

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nurse Dave's Journal

Tuesday:
2022 shave #374 (DE:76 SE:87 Str:200 Cart:0) - 1615 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Oaken Lab Far Afield
Some brush I’m sure
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Good Fellows Cedarwood & Geranium

2022 shave #375 (DE:76 SE:88 Str:200 Cart:0) - 1616 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Nordic Shaving Company Birch
TSC Anniversary
Scents of Wood

All caught up my brothers. Christmas ended up being a combination of my parents being here and all other events cancelled. My wife’s cousin and family were the ones headed back home on Christmas morning because of COVID. That reduced Christmas dinner at our house down to 7 instead of the 15 we were expecting. And then totally cancelled the bigger dinner at my in-laws the next night where 21-25 were expected. Glad at least to have all the kids together on Christmas morning. With the oldest moving away this summer the future is up for grabs.

Best gifts were a watch from my wife and an ice watch display from my parents. Christmas dinner was also effected by flare ups on the grill which prompted the wife to okay a new grill purchase. We also finally sold the older SUV we had replaced. It was odd to see it drive off. It was the first vehicle my wife and I purchased together and took the family all over. It ended up going to a family with 3 young kids themselves so I hope it hold together to give them some good experiences too.

The rest of the week is pretty chill. Today I had to take advantage of a 25% off coupon so in addition to the one soap I went for, I also referenced TSC’s encyclopedia of everything shave related to look for a few others to add. Some may know this as @Scuttlesoap’s journal. No work until next Tuesday at which point things will be pretty busy for a month or year end/start activities and more on-call. I plan to not even check my phone until then though. Tomorrow the wife and I are headed into the city to exchange the ring I got for her for Christmas. Other than that I likely will just have a slow yet steady infusion of scotch.

Questioning your choice of razors when there are others available in your inventory - but very glad you had a good Christmas with your family - even if it was less than expected - but better to be healthy.

Cool present - watch stand!

Extended time off after the holiday! Huzzah! Sounds like things worked out OK and the immediate family was together at least. Glad you get some down time.

2022 shave #376 (DE:76 SE:89 Str:200 Cart:0) - 1617 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Central Texas Soaps Weekend Rodeo
Graydog Education History
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather

Up and at em this morning to go into the city. Wife exchanged a gift and then said I should stop in my Scottish shop to visit the people from my homeland since we spent so much time for her. Don’t mind if I do! Then on the way home we stopped at a sushi place in a mall we’ve been waiting to eat at for all the kids to be available. It’s a tiny place, but you either pull your food off the conveyor belt or order it from a screen. Screen ordered drinks get delivered by a robot to the table and screen ordered food is delivered right to the table by a 2nd conveyor belt. You’re paying for the tech and experience and not top/notch food, but the kids enjoyed it.

2022 shave #377 (DE:76 SE:89 Str:201 Cart:0) - 1618 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Hawaiian Shaving Company Kalōpā
Paladin Honey Noir Oscar
Alexandria Sweet Smoke

Today was just a metal day off. Slept for a straight 8 hours for the 2nd night in a row. I can’t remember the last time that’s happened. Once is rare enough. I started rewatching The West Wing again. I’ve said it here before and I’ll say it again. Best writing of any show ever. I think this will be my 4th time watching the entire series and it’s as good as ever.

Saturday:
2022 shave #378 (DE:76 SE:90 Str:201 Cart:0) - 1619 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum “The Doctor” RX w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Reuzel cream
Sorrentino Oregon State
Tom Ford Vert D’Encens

Sunday:

1620 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (1)
Penhaligon’s English Fern
Chiseled and Hound 26mm
Wholly Kaw Fern Concerto
Penhaligon’s English Fern talc
Penhaligon’s English Fern EdT

Video posted

1621 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (2)
Penhaligon’s English Fern
Graydog Quilt
Wholly Kaw Fern Concerto
Penhaligon’s English Fern talc
Penhaligon’s English Fern EdT

Last day before starting back at work. I had enough soap left in the bottom of the bowl for another shave and this isn’t a soap you scoop out and throw away so todays shave was the same as yesterday’s except for the brush. Couldn’t get my errands done yesterday because of every store in the world being closed. So today was recaulking two showers and some cleaning. Cold rains back so no cigar to close out the vacation time.

1622 days of consecutive shaving - 670 open-blade shaves
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (3)
CBL Smokey Mountain Cedar
Sorrentino Blonde Vixen
Le Labo The Noir

Yep, friggin' back at work. Funny, seems like it's going to take a few days to ramp back up as well.

Back