The Shaving Cadre

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nurse Dave's Journal

Nah dude, I'm the king of wrapping. Not just the easy stuff where my edges are sharp and gaps are taped down, but I'm also given any crazy shaped things because I am the king!
That would likely be the 'Notorious B.I.G.' so i'm told - maybe Eminem at a push!
My parents made us wrap the gifts we bought each other. I wrap better than my wife. :)
Me too, so what happens these days is she gets beautifully wrapped things that i took time and effort over, and she will dump shaving supplies on my desk - 'it's what you wanted.'
The law of unintended consequences hard at work.

T

2022 shave #339 (DE:73 SE:82 Str:183 Cart:0) - 1592 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (1)
MacDuff Soap Company Bad Santa
Maggard synth
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
La Labo Patchouli 24

Big day here today. I wasn't going to be into the office until later, but the technicalities of the process for hiring someone had me in at the regular time to do some stuff in the HR system. Then since I was here I went ahead and attended the healthcare workers' appreciation event where the head of the hospital and our congresswoman were handing out roses. At the beginning of the pandemic when they did this we had 2 fire trucks and got free chocolate. I think the fact that we were down to one firetruck and a rose shows that the pandemic is nearing the end.

But the biggest deal was I had my certification test today. Almost a bigger deal than getting the master's itself. There has to be some amazing test writing science behind tests list this. It was just like the nursing boards where you never seem 100% sure you're picking the right answer and finish the test having no idea if you actually passed or not. Luckily, this one scores you immediately and I passed. So there's 3 more letters after my name. I'm going to take a little bit of a break and then there's one more certification I'll go for that will add 4 more letters and then I'm done, done, done.

So now it's getting ready to decorate the outside of the house this week and the village inside.
0D2D7D79-80BC-4D8F-A48F-211B4B353305.jpeg

2022 shave #339 (DE:73 SE:82 Str:183 Cart:0) - 1592 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (1)
MacDuff Soap Company Bad Santa
Maggard synth
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
La Labo Patchouli 24

Big day here today. I wasn't going to be into the office until later, but the technicalities of the process for hiring someone had me in at the regular time to do some stuff in the HR system. Then since I was here I went ahead and attended the healthcare workers' appreciation event where the head of the hospital and our congresswoman were handing out roses. At the beginning of the pandemic when they did this we had 2 fire trucks and got free chocolate. I think the fact that we were down to one firetruck and a rose shows that the pandemic is nearing the end.

But the biggest deal was I had my certification test today. Almost a bigger deal than getting the master's itself. There has to be some amazing test writing science behind tests list this. It was just like the nursing boards where you never seem 100% sure you're picking the right answer and finish the test having no idea if you actually passed or not. Luckily, this one scores you immediately and I passed. So there's 3 more letters after my name. I'm going to take a little bit of a break and then there's one more certification I'll go for that will add 4 more letters and then I'm done, done, done.

So now it's getting ready to decorate the outside of the house this week and the village inside.
View attachment 99421
Awesome news, congrats Dave!

Back