The Shaving Cadre

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nurse Dave's Journal

The trick to getting cats into cat carriers is to stand it on its end, door facing up and open....pick up cat and back toward the open carrier, not letting cat see the carrier. When you reach the carrier, turn around and deposit unsuspecting cat into carrier in one fluid motion. If you have another person there to help, they can close the door. God speed, my friend.

A few cc’s of Scotch works wonders. It is like placing a stuffed animal in the carrier, although a bit floppy

Problem Solved

i have 4 cats because i like conversations that start 'are you harming and cutting yourself Mr. Dixon?' when i submit to doctor visits.
One of my cats was borderline, too wild to be domestic and too tame to be in a zoo or outside. It's taken 3 years before she even let anyone stroke her. Now she sleeps by my bed and follows me everywhere.

To get her in the carrier, we leave the carrier in my office all the time - she can use it as and when she likes. To get her in it we bribe her and ask her nicely. 2 bits of salmon seems to be the going price.

At the other end of the trip, we warn the vet - this thing is from a rescue place and she takes no shnonsense!

Pix (2).jpg

T

The trick to getting cats into cat carriers is to stand it on its end, door facing up and open....pick up cat and back toward the open carrier, not letting cat see the carrier. When you reach the carrier, turn around and deposit unsuspecting cat into carrier in one fluid motion. If you have another person there to help, they can close the door. God speed, my friend.

Got a problem with step #1 here

Ah....then go with Plan B....open front door and take a few hours of tv time. The issue should solve itself.

Just like their owner…….

Also just like their owner….

A few cc’s of Scotch works wonders. It is like placing a stuffed animal in the carrier, although a bit floppy

Problem Solved

True, true

i have 4 cats because i like conversations that start 'are you harming and cutting yourself Mr. Dixon?' when i submit to doctor visits.
One of my cats was borderline, too wild to be domestic and too tame to be in a zoo or outside. It's taken 3 years before she even let anyone stroke her. Now she sleeps by my bed and follows me everywhere.

To get her in the carrier, we leave the carrier in my office all the time - she can use it as and when she likes. To get her in it we bribe her and ask her nicely. 2 bits of salmon seems to be the going price.

At the other end of the trip, we warn the vet - this thing is from a rescue place and she takes no shnonsense!

View attachment 98426

T
ezgif-3-8dfcbb5ad2.jpg
image-asset.jpeg

Or for the seriously protesting feline.....
post-56913-0-22642800-1314649664.jpg

As a fellow "Disney Adult" what are your thoughts on Iger's return? Despite the earnings miss I was still surprised they made the change. My wife and I have been a bit disillusioned for the last few years when it became clear that we were being priced out of the kinds of trips our families were able to take throughout the 90s and 2000s. As someone who works in finance, I understand the pricing methodologies but doesn't make the pill any easier to swallow when suddenly the week-long trips staying on property we were used to suddenly became financially irresponsible.

As a fellow "Disney Adult" what are your thoughts on Iger's return? Despite the earnings miss I was still surprised they made the change. My wife and I have been a bit disillusioned for the last few years when it became clear that we were being priced out of the kinds of trips our families were able to take throughout the 90s and 2000s. As someone who works in finance, I understand the pricing methodologies but doesn't make the pill any easier to swallow when suddenly the week-long trips staying on property we were used to suddenly became financially irresponsible.
We're thrilled. Yes, I agree. Disney will never be cheap, but it seems like the latest plan has been to find new ways to squeeze every penny from a visitor and create more and more division between financial levels of quests. I hope some of this is reversed.

We're thrilled. Yes, I agree. Disney will never be cheap, but it seems like the latest plan has been to find new ways to squeeze every penny from a visitor and create more and more division between financial levels of quests. I hope some of this is reversed.
With all the pent-up demand from the Covid years likely satisfied, very interested to see how quickly they need to backpedal to keep attendance moving. Couple that with the economic slowdown and even the "less rational" spenders realizing that trips to Disney don't make sense, hoping to see things like Fastpass, Magical Express, park pass reservations, etc. roll back to their previous incarnations. Probably pipe dreams but feel like quick wins...

2022 shave #328 (DE:69 SE:81 Str:177 Cart:0) - 1581 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (2)
West Coast Shaving The Soloist
AP Flat Top
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Maison Margiela Replica Jazz Club

Friday and the cats went ok. Took two of us to trap them and they howled the whole way there, but the vet was happy to see some healthy animals for a change. They are in great shape and now they have a doctor. Saturday we drove into the city to pick-up the cap and gown for graduation. It was my first time ever on the school's campus since we did the whole thing 100% remote.

For Christmas, my parents will be coming down. And my wife's cousin and family are coming up from Southern California. Her side was never big into Christmas and mine is full of traditions. So they decided they wanted to experience Christmas full out. So that will be 11 people for Christmas morning. Then other grandparents and relatives will come for dinner since the family from southern California will be up. That's potentially 16 for dinner. I was sitting in the living room yesterday morning trying to envision where all these people will be sitting. Cue rearranging the whole room and taking a large piece of furniture downstairs for storage. Ooooph, I need a break now. The rest of the week at work should be pretty mellow given people being gone and not many meetings. If I can get over my procrastination it will be study time for me.
B8C69654-28EB-4BE8-AB10-21C30FFCF6EE.jpeg

With all the pent-up demand from the Covid years likely satisfied, very interested to see how quickly they need to backpedal to keep attendance moving. Couple that with the economic slowdown and even the "less rational" spenders realizing that trips to Disney don't make sense, hoping to see things like Fastpass, Magical Express, park pass reservations, etc. roll back to their previous incarnations. Probably pipe dreams but feel like quick wins...
Yep, here's to hoping. In other news for Disney Cruise Line fans. Disney bought whatever that mega ship was that is mostly constructed and then the company couldn't pay for it. I'm also somewhat hopeful that costs for the cruise could drop or at least stop increasing with more capacity in the pipeline.

Our family has always been a Disney Family. We held annual passes from 1991 until we moved to Las Vegas (heck, our first official date was to Disneyland) and we've seen prices rise and quality fall but what I heard under the most recent guy was shocking. Sounded like he only ever looked at the bottom line and never what was actually happening in the parks. Glad that the guy that made the parks their most beautiful is returning to right the ship and bring back the magic. Of course, I'm now bridging the two CEO's......already paid for the trip in February ($1900 for 4 people/2 days!!!) but will be able to spend that time in a park that, I'm certain, will already be on the mend from the outgoing guys neglect.

Heeeeyyy! No heavy traveling for the holiday! That’ll be nice…possibly worth the resulting cleanup 👍😂

Back