The Shaving Cadre

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nurse Dave's Journal

Thursday:

2022 shave #316 (DE:68 SE:77 Str:170 Cart:0) - 1570 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Lakewood Soap Company Beale Street
Graydog Education History
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
3676AF07-87B9-4150-9053-41DCDA2E740C.jpeg

Friday:

2022 shave #317 (DE:68 SE:77 Str:171 Cart:0) - 1571 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Southern Witchcrafts Valley of Ashes
Paladin Vintage Port Cleo
713805A3-FEE0-4271-B44B-26039B3616CA.jpeg

Saturday:

2022 shave #319 (DE:68 SE:77 Str:172 Cart:0) - 1572 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Grooming Dept Elan
AP Silk Smoke knot
Sterling Deep Blue Sea AS
Bleu de Chanel
CA529D4E-870E-446B-812E-72C2ECEF5DF7.jpeg

Sunday:

2022 shave #320 (DE:68 SE:78 Str:172 Cart:0) - 1573 days of consecutive shaving
Blackland Vector* w/ Schick Proline (2)
Mammoth Soaps Almond Leather
Maggard synth
Mammoth Soaps Almond Leather AS

47AAD4C7-F6B0-4AB6-921D-0B8C81103516.jpeg

2022 shave #322 (DE:68 SE:80 Str:173 Cart:0) - 1575 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (3)
B&M Cheshire
Stirling synth
B&M Cheshire AS

Been a while since the journal deets. It seems like a lot and nothing has been happening. We got our cool new uppy downy desks last week. Standing on a hard floor is another endorsement for owning office slippers. I already find myself using the option to stand several times a day. The bigger happening is the nurses here have found it necessary to announce a strike for next Monday and Tuesday. So of course everything pretty much comes to a halt as we spend 10s of millions to make sure the hospital is staffed with trained people for two days. I need to not really voice my opinion about this in a public forum, but you can decide how you feel about that use of health care dollars. And I can just share an observation that seeing what cars come and go at shift change, someone is doing pretty well. Given the shifting staff here, I was able to get next Friday off, so the wife and I will be flying up to see my parents for Thanksgiving. Luckily we picked the cheaper late-night Wednesday flight, so any strike stuff should be resolved by then. I saw some mention about disruptions caused by the pilot's union around Thanksgiving as well, but I'll keep my head in the sand about that and see what happens. Worst case is it's a 10hr drive up there.
D1885FDE-FEE7-4800-9A91-F7F2078FB72C.jpeg

What happens during the strike - do you have to work extra shifts to make sure it is covered?
Longer hours and different shifts for my staff as they have to monitor 24hr/day different aspects of the care being given by contract workers. The state will show up and myself and the other director will host them while they poke around and take up staff time. And then what @EMG06 said. We have to rent out a ton of hotel rooms and conference spaces to train up nurses that get paid more than you can imagine, cancel surgeries, and try to get our census as low as possible.

So the Strike ends up costing more than what those on strike are demanding?

So the Strike ends up costing more than what those on strike are demanding?
Well, maybe in year one. But I'm sure not when whatever benefits are factored over the next x number of years. Plus then having a higher starting point for the next contract.

Back