The Shaving Cadre

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nurse Dave's Journal

Why are the nurses striking?
Well see, in other places in the country it would probably be about patient ratios and money. But California has nursing ratios so.... Wonder how they would feel coming from some state where they had like 8 patients instead of 5.

2022 shave #323 (DE:68 SE:80 Str:174 Cart:0) - 1576 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Saponificio Varesino 2.0 two-band 26mm Manchurian High Mountain White Badger knot in a Ziricote handle
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Saponificio Varesino Opuntia AS

So there's a slight glimmer of hope. Apparently "the man" thinks their offer is pretty much what "the people" want and they aren't getting the whole story. So they are sending out signs with the offer to managers to post for the staff to see. Not with nurses, but with pharmacists we got to within one day of a strike before it was called off so we'll see. In other news, I put the finishing touches on a piece of NurseDave "merch" for my secret Rudolph Santa guy yesterday. Should be showing up shortly and then I can wrapping. Or I can just let the stuff sit here a few more weeks. We'll never know.
55CFB608-D3F4-4A91-93B3-D08E0BDDA008.jpeg

2022 shave #324 (DE:69 SE:80 Str:174 Cart:0) - 1577 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (1)
Oleo Soapworks New City
Graydog Education History
Missoni

So, no strike now. Again, I'll withhold most commentary. I will say given the environment of healthcare now, the financial drain on the systems over the last two years, and the continued struggles the pandemic has caused across the board with healthcare finances, I'm a bit shocked at the deal that was struck. But hey, I just work here. Well, as long as they can afford to pay me.

937DD264-B1D7-4BB7-9254-84DDA47EFFDF.jpeg

2022 shave #325 (DE:69 SE:80 Str:175 Cart:0) - 1578 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (1)
A&E London
Muhle Rocca
Penhaligon's Racquets

Today's weather report from Gear calls for Friday! Pretty chill day with the strike called off. The union is reporting the highest annual raises in 20 years. Good job during a pandemic guys. :rolleyes:

Started the day with some coffee from my personal dealer in Arizona. Just one meeting and then I'll try to get home to take the cats to the vet. Nothing wrong, but they are getting elderly so we figure we need to be established somewhere. They do NOT like being in carriers at all, so it could be at least a 2-person job to get them in there.
001E102B-9B0C-4BB3-A4E3-6C63E680D36F.jpeg

Back