The Shaving Cadre

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nurse Dave's Journal

2022 shave #308 (DE:67 SE:74 Str:166 Cart:0) - 1562 days of consecutive shaving
The Holy Black SR-71 w/ Feather (3)
CBL Tibetan Black Tea
Blue Honeycomb
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1

So something interesting I don't thing I've mentioned is after by 2nd bout with kidney stones they hooked me up with a pharmacist that specializes in treating them. The process is they have you do a 24h urine collection, analyze a sample tell you what to do differently and then have you do it again. I needed to cut back on sodium, increase liquid intake and add a little citrus to my water. Well, I already thought I was doing well with the water intake, but they said you need to be producing 2L of urine a day. I was taking in over 2L of liquid, but not getting that much out. I guess my insensible fluid losses are a lot higher than I thought.

So I did increase my fluid intake again. Stopped with the Costco mixed nuts for an evening snack to reduce sodium, cut lemon slices and froze them to take to work to put in my water. Well. I forgot to take the lemon slices and just kept thinking about it and never did it. The water is HARD. My goal at work is 11oz cup of coffee and then 2 of my 1L water bottle. That would be 2300ml plus anything after I got home. If found if I'm busy it's easy for a few hours to go by without drinking anything. Then getting in those 2L is tough. And on weekends when I'm not sitting next to a water bottle, forget about it. I'm probably down to 1-1.5L intake a day.

Sooooo long story longer, I did my follow-up test. And knowing it's being monitored really stuck to getting in about 3L of water that day. The friggin output was just below 2L. So again, my insensible losses seem huge. They said watch the sodium because that was up and that pulls in the minerals that form the stones. But most importantly get the fluid intake up more. UGH!! It seems ridiculous that drinking enough is a struggle, but it really does have to be a conscious effort ever friggin day. And I still don't have a solution for weekends that I know I'll stick with. All I can think of is finding a cool drinking bottle that's easy to carry around with me.

Anyway, here's my shave:
View attachment 97138
I use these

05F1E339-3243-4CCB-B7AF-13A7C10022CE.jpeg

2022 shave #309 (DE:68 SE:74 Str:166 Cart:0) - 1563 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (3)
Chiseled Face Cinawood Boroka
Stirling synth
Chiseled Face Cinawood Boroka AS

So today's fun was having to drop my car off at the service center. Luckily, I'm still just inside what warranty is left on it. It needs the main processor replaced because the big screen is acting like an old TRS-80 that locks up sometimes and then reboots itself. They used to give out loaners to everyone that left their car there but now run out of them regularly so you get $100 in Uber credits a day. Not bad I guess. It works for getting to work and back, but I'll need a car for whatever scotch shopping I need to do if I don't get it back by Saturday. Then I roll in late to work and have B Dave blowing up my phone trying to spend my money for me. Can't say it wasn't somewhat effective.
D0345739-81A0-40D6-99BA-BE7D115DD1E1.jpeg

2022 shave #310 (DE:68 SE:74 Str:167 Cart:0) - 1564 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Tallow + Steel Morning Coffee in the Canadian Wilderness
Stirling synth
Tallow + Steel Morning Coffee in the Canadian Wilderness AS

Well, this has to be the longest name for a soap in shaving history.

So I was in a remote meeting at my desk yesterday with my car in the shop until the weekend and got a call from the oldest saying that our SUV she's driving won't start and can she jump it. Good times. The battery on that one is probably only a year old so it's more likely the alternator. With the first kid moving out this summer, our days of needing a three-row vehicle are over except for the occasional Christmas tree or house moving. So I think I'm ready to get rid of that one and replace it with something smaller. We've been discussing it, but looking at the 2nd repair on it in as many years I think it's time. The question is do we get something nicer for my wife to drive and pass hers on for kid/guest use or get something more basic for kid use? If we had the ability to charge at home, I know my wife would like a Tesla Y, but she doesn’t want to have to deal with taking it to charge elsewhere. Likely there will be car shopping this weekend. Which isn't good because we tend to just "go to look" and come home with something right away.

B08AE597-54C9-48FF-A221-A27B3FA4F495.jpeg

With the first kid moving out this summer
Whoa, that’s big news! First one out the door to college? Or just moving out?

The question is do we get something nicer for my wife to drive and pass hers on for kid/guest use or get something more basic for kid use?
Just wrap the kid in a nice big ol warm loving hug, look into her eyes and say:
F48259C0-81B4-4E27-AF2B-EF292493580E.gif

Back