The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2022 shave #285 (DE:60 SE:71 Str:153 Cart:0) - 1539 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Wizamet (3)
West Coast Shaving The Soloist
Copper boar
Quinn Cucumber Mint
Nivea 2:1
Maison Margiela Replica Jazz Club

Here we are again, all caught up. This weekend was nice. With Friday off I had the pleasure of Saturday feeling like Sunday and getting to remind myself all day I still had another day off. Of course, that didn't negate the Sunday dread of knowing the next morning was not mine to enjoy. But today I have the distraction of worry that Sam will make it back from the Canadian wilderness without running into a serial killer. Given the vast open spaces in that wildly under-populated country the chances are slim, but I think we can all agree they aren't absolute zero.
View attachment 95359
Greatest.Frag.Ever. And since you mentioned serial killers - I feel bad about not posting a Fargo gif in my previous comment.

Tues:

2022 shave #286 (DE:60 SE:71 Str:154 Cart:0) - 1540 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Paladin Shaving Silk Road
Paladin Honey Oscar Noir
Quinn Cucumber Mint
Penhaligon's Endymion EdP
A643A2D1-6C65-48A9-8EB4-5C7693BEE833.jpeg

2022 shave #287 (DE:61 SE:71 Str:154 Cart:0) - 1541 days of consecutive shaving
Timeless w/ Israeli Personna (1)
Crowne & Crane Cabana
Graydog Education History
Quinn Cucumber Mint
Le Labo Tabacb 28

Been an up and down morning already. I forgot that the cafeteria is closed today when I went down to get my breakfast burrito. But I did get to wish a couple of my cadre brothers a good morning, so spreading the love there. My company does things all the time to try to keep their employees active and healthy. I usually ignore that stuff, but this month is Walktober and I was invited to be on the team from the ED. It's pretty cool. There's an app that can pull your walking data from your phone and awards each person leaves based on how far you walk each day with the minimum goal being 5000 steps. So I've been getting out walking almost every day to earn my flippin' leaves. Kinda sad it takes some little electronic icon to get me out of my office, but here's to hoping it's a start of a habit. I will actually need to find some other app that has some gimmick to keep me interested though.
480A7292-339D-4E25-BAF7-1FFADAB0AA54.jpeg

For future reference:

When sending someone a good morning message, especially when it's the first time you've ever sent them a message, it's a good idea to identify yourself. Just saying "have a good morning, you sexy hunk of man meat" when the person receiving that has no idea if their being spammed or not is not good. I literally sat here staring at that text thinking "what the Hell?? Am I about to be hacked if I respond to this?"

And for Current reference:

And a Good Morning to you sir.

The advantages of walking are good for your cheery disposition. Fresh air. Sun on your face. No work pressure for the few minutes. It's like an attitude reset mid-day. Keep it up.

There's an app that can pull your walking data from your phone and awards each person leaves based on how far you walk each day with the minimum goal being 5000 steps. So I've been getting out walking almost every day to earn my flippin' leaves.
Whatever keeps one motivated! Keep it up good buddy!

When sending someone a good morning message, especially when it's the first time you've ever sent them a message, it's a good idea to identify yourself. Just saying "have a good morning, you sexy hunk of man meat" when the person receiving that has no idea if their being spammed or not is not good. I literally sat here staring at that text thinking "what the Hell?? Am I about to be hacked if I respond to this?"
🤣 but that would have been boring

2022 shave #288 (DE:61 SE:71 Str:155 Cart:0) - 1542 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather PRO (1)
Grooming Dept Elan
Honeycomb Blue
No-name Lemon
Le Labo AS cream
Bleu de Chanel

I decided to be adventurous today and go guardless with my Pro blade. Boy, the first 1/2 pass was pretty tuggy, but I guess any burrs or whatever smoothed out and the rest of the shave was great. I thought I was concentrating enough, but there were some alum sting spots. Super smooth when all said and done though.
4FB6BB5C-2150-4C49-961D-05406D613DB3.jpeg

2022 shave #289 (DE:62 SE:71 Str:155 Cart:0) - 1543 days of consecutive shaving
Super Speed w/ Wizamet (1)
Williams
Graydog Education History
Quinn Cucumber Mint
Aqua Velva Sport
Atelier Cologne Vetiver Fatal

Video posted
E4EE59F8-B1CA-4D7F-9987-0DB04C062A27.jpeg

2022 shave #292 (DE:62 SE:72 Str:157 Cart:0) - 1546 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather PRO (3)
Pinnacle Tales of Leonforte
Sorrentino Ocean Waves
Quinn Cucumber Mint
Creed Viking

I'm getting the hang of this pro blade. Almost no sting with the alum today. Really needs a light touch and I could almost stop after two passes. But unless the dolphins are screaming, why would one? Pretty good weekend. Bingo has started. Mondays suck.
E8C151AE-6FE4-49B9-A7CC-B2ED2CF06A84.jpeg

Isn’t that contradicting? Start of Bingo is so full of hope!
I was actually thinking seeing where each call lands is fun and a nice diversion for the day. But once all the calls are over we have to wait for tomorrow.

I was actually thinking seeing where each call lands is fun and a nice diversion for the day. But once all the calls are over we have to wait for tomorrow.
I’ll post the recap of the day around 9pm Eastern (depending on when my child falls asleep). After that you’ll need to wait 24 hours until the next recap

See that's why some of wait to make our calls until later in the day so you get a longer diversion due to waiting to see where our calls fall.....

Back