The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2022 shave #278 (DE:57 SE:70 Str:150 Cart:0) - 1532 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (2)
Southern Witchcrafts Samhain
Graydog Quilt
Quinn Cucumber Mint
Nivea 2:1
Le Labo aftershave
Southern Witchcrafts Samhain AS
Scents of Wood something in maple

Okay, now I'm caught up. Sometimes the peanut gallery duties take all the time and I fall behind on my journal. For those of you that aren't video watchers, we had a good weekend. My wife had a good time in the city picking out her anniversary gift which included some pampering in the store with champagne and chocolates. On the way to our appointment, we ran into the protesting for Iran which I know she was at least happy to see. Then we went to a BMW driving experience where we got to take their new electric cars around a small with driving instructors. Very short driving time, but pretty cool to be able to drive a car as hard as you're able. Then I got to order an automatic espresso machine for my present. She had one waiting at a store in the city to pick-up while we were there, but it wasn't the one we had chosen, so it'll be a few more days. I'm taking Friday off to burn PTO so I plan to wait til then to spend time setting it up and maybe make a video.

9859CB37-9DF3-4FA7-8277-141BA303300A.jpeg
5661133D-4493-47EB-B570-74A443BF4A26.jpeg

Which is a more fun driving experience - electric BMW or Tesla?
Well, just from my experience I couldn't tell you. I've never been able to throw the Tesla around like we could the BMW. Remember, my car is years old in tech now. So compared to what I own, I'm betting it would be the BMW. The Tesla S is still labeled as a luxury sedan with a lot more space than the BMW. I figured it would be heavier, but the BMW is slightly heavier even though it had less interior space. The BMW also has 100 more horsepower and 0.5 seconds quicker in 0-60. But with the new model S, Tesla is 0.5 seconds quicker than BMW, with a lot more range. But it's also $25K more.

Of course, if you go with the Tesla S Plaid, you're still getting a full-sized sedan that will beat almost every supercar off the line with 1.99 seconds 0-60 and has twice the horsepower of the BMW. :oops:

I'm sorry that I'm late for wishing the only Nurse I'll ever let shave me for an appendix surgery and the best smelling guy that lives in northern california (totally qualified that one to honor @GearNoir and his fine smellingness) a very Happy Birthday!!!!

If its any consolation, I did think about you when I was shaving on the cruise ship and wondering if I could pull off the patented NurseDave cruise shave video.......and then I remembered that I'm not known for my videos. Plus I'm not you....and there should really only be one of you. And now you're older....and I'm not interested in that getting older thing. So you're you and I'm me and Happy Birthday.

Oh....I'm also sorry that your birthday wasn't a week later so you can be an OCTOBER BABY!!!!!!!

Tues:

2022 shave #279 (DE:57 SE:70 Str:151 Cart:0) - 1533 days of consecutive shaving
Kamisori w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Oaken Far Afield
Paladin Vintage Port Cleo
Quinn Cucumber Mint
C51AA81F-09D9-497A-8D6C-C8CC2FCF7E23.jpeg

2022 shave #280 (DE:57 SE:70 Str:152 Cart:0) - 1534 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (1)
CBL Tibetan Black Tea
Stirling synth
Quinn Cucumber Mint
Le Labo AS cream
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade

I dunno if this AS cream helps at all, but it doesn't hurt. I guess the total luxury would be using it and then having enough time for it to soak in and do talc after. I've been using it the last few days and just forgetting to list it. Yesterday was our anniversary and since we pretty much celebrated last weekend it was just dinner at home. But a bigger dinner with tri-tip, grilled zucchini, baked potato, salad, focaccia, and a bottle of nice wine.
8A6CA8D9-E928-481B-89E0-707A2A0915D8.jpeg

2022 shave #282 (DE:59 SE:70 Str:152 Cart:0) - 1536 days of consecutive shaving
The Holy Black SR-71 w/ Feather (2)
Lakewood Soap Beale Street
Sorrentino Blonde Vixen
Quinn Cucumber Mint
Le Labo AS cream
Le Labo The Noir

<< nods head >> Greetings gentlemen. I’m trying to shave things up getting some DE shaves in with a razor I don’t use much. I have to say it’s just not as much fun as an open blade. But it was a lovely shave with the dolphins certainly screaming. And I think The Noir is a pretty close match to the scent of the AS cream.

Day off from work. I’m maxed out on PTO and could take every other Friday off as still stay maxed out. The trouble is making sure I have someone to cover and no meetings. There’s another switch up in our dept leaders but will result in someone else on-site more and maybe more flexibility for me. Today was breakfast and then out to the deck to get my morning sun for my feet tan and petting cats. My coffee machine was delivered yesterday and I’m planning on making an unboxing and set-up video as soon as the sun is higher so the light isn’t as sharp. Production quality above all else as you and clearly tell from my videos.

Shout out to the all cadre members who are dealing with struggles both known and unknown. Love you guys and I’m glad you’re here with us.
78380BD6-210C-481F-9D82-82A96511DBA8.jpeg

Sunday:

2022 shave #284 (DE:60 SE:71 Str:152 Cart:0) - 1538 days of consecutive shaving
Gillette Techmatic / razor section #8 (4)
THB Oatmeal Cookie
Stirling synth
Quinn Cucumber Mint
Prorasso Mint and Rosemary talc
Mark Buxton Nameless

Video posted
4EE8BC02-3DE9-4866-A467-3F07C33807F8.jpeg

2022 shave #285 (DE:60 SE:71 Str:153 Cart:0) - 1539 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Wizamet (3)
West Coast Shaving The Soloist
Copper boar
Quinn Cucumber Mint
Maison Margiela Replica Jazz Club

Here we are again, all caught up. This weekend was nice. With Friday off I had the pleasure of Saturday feeling like Sunday and getting to remind myself all day I still had another day off. Of course, that didn't negate the Sunday dread of knowing the next morning was not mine to enjoy. But today I have the distraction of worry that Sam will make it back from the Canadian wilderness without running into a serial killer. Given the vast open spaces in that wildly under-populated country the chances are slim, but I think we can all agree they aren't absolute zero.
1F202B69-B002-4512-91B7-E41B433242B3.jpeg

Sat:

2022 shave #283 (DE:60 SE:70 Str:152 Cart:0) - 1537 days of consecutive shaving
Gillette Aristocrat 1952-1954 w/ Wizamet (2) ❤️
Oz Shaving Woodchopper
AP silk smoke knot
Quinn Cucumber Mint
Le Labo AS cream

View attachment 95355
For some reason my brain read Woodchipper not chopper….I’ll will forgo putting in a Fargo referenced gif or even DeadPool 2….you’re welcome

1665422569553.gif

Back