The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Hory clap!
The truth is…. It had to do with a cinnamon roll, a broken scotch bottle, a dried out cigar, a taco, some Sushi and a goat. I read the police report and understand why Dave “made it” about work. It was horrifying 😜😜😜…. Wait a minute that may have been about @CVargo I was drinking, while listening to the police scanner and reading the Police blotter

2022 shave #238 (DE:48 SE:59 Str:130 Cart:0) - 1493 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Oleo Humanitas
Stirling Synth
Quinn Cucumber and Mint
Nivea 2:1
Prorasso Mint and Rosemary talc
Penhaligon's Racquets

Yesterday's drama spilled over into today a little, but all done now. And lunch is bought for us by regional leadership. I did take the opportunity to get up a little late this morning and repeat yesterday's lovely shave with the SS. I again caught the edge of the slice on the top of my cheekbone from Sunday again. Maybe that will help with forming a cooler scar.
29BBA13B-4579-490D-9F6A-29D4E83C1E76.jpeg

Bruce have you ever been around pygmy goats on a farm they’re hilarious and when you scare they faint. They are like a God’s jesters
I've only seen them on TV. Cute little things.

Yesterday's drama spilled over into today a little, but all done now. And lunch is bought for us by regional leadership.
Drama at work. Ugh. At least you got lunch.

2022 shave #239 (DE:48 SE:59 Str:131 Cart:0) - 1494 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber
Stirling Synth
Quinn Lavender
Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber AS
Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber EdP

I was recalling a time when Fridays were GTB days. Now you never see anyone using the stuff. Well, I pulled it back out and it's marvelous. I would say if you have this in the back of your den somewhere, it's time to relive the glory days!
7A0C88E4-583A-4393-90C1-DA36A1771BDC.jpeg

Saturday:
2022 shave #240 (DE:48 SE:59 Str:132 Cart:0) - 1495 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Personna (1)
SV 70th
Stirling Synth
Quinn Lavender
SV 70th AS

Video posted

Monday:

2022 shave #242 (DE:48 SE:60 Str:133 Cart:0) - 1497 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Razor Master Juha
Graydog Education History
Quinn Lavender
A3911DC0-82CF-458F-991E-DE27D4EAFEEA.jpeg

2022 shave #244 (DE:49 SE:60 Str:134 Cart:0) - 1499 days of consecutive shaving
Timeless w/ Wizamet (3)
Sudsy Soapery White Sage & Lime
AP flat top
Quinn Cucumber Mint
Penhaligon's Sartorial

Decent shave today, but I cut the top part of my finger just behind the fingernail. I was reaching into my drawer to pull out the razor, and apparently slid my finger right along the blade that was in another one. I guess this counts as a shaving injury? But, it felt more like the sting of a paper cut.

Well, I wouldn't say things have been a bit of a 💩 show, but one could. There continues to be a lot of moving parts and people just making sure work is covered while we try to get people into permanent places and settled out again. Had the pleasure of a surprise visit from the state yesterday so I got to host them in my office for while. And spending too much time making sure access to shared drives and email inboxes and such is happening so people can do their jobs.

The gathering on Sunday with Whisky Mystery was good fun. The biggest challenge was deciding what to taste out of the hundreds of bottles there give we all had to drive back home. While there was a ton of unobtanium bottles, I tended to go for those that one might be able to get but cost waaaaay too much for a blind buy. I would have to say, I'm not ready to justify anything over $150 I think on a bottle for the most part. Yesterday's tasting of Genever was okay. Now I know what it tastes like and probably won't be buying any. Though it is a good alternative if you like gin but the botanicals tend to be too intense for you.
3A114D8A-473D-4F27-98DF-46814AF60F6B.jpeg

Back