The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

You mean one of the ones that lets you stand at your desk instead of sit? Nice!…as long as you don’t have to stand there and crank it up and down yourself 😂 that’s annoying.
That’s good it will be easier for him to reach into his wallet for the credit card when he is at his desk shopping for watches, cigars, scotch, Disney items, etc…..😜

2022 shave #210 (DE:44 SE:54 Str:111 Cart:0) - 1466 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Tallow + Steel Madagascar
AP flat top
Quinn’s
Nivea 2:1
Le Labo Patchouli 24

Off to see the parents today. Going to be a hot one so likely a lot of time inside but home cooked meals and mostly relaxing. Ended up having to bring the work laptop, but things shouldn’t be too bad.

Bit of a tuggy shave which bummed me out. That’s the whole reason for proactive blade changing.

7BC1AF11-F55C-44DF-A8E8-B950B92ABF69.jpeg

Bit of a tuggy shave which bummed me out. That’s the whole reason for proactive blade changing.
Six high quality shaves/blade seems decent, though I also expect more from an AC blade. However, my practice is to pitch them if they tug, even a little bit. Life is too short to waste time with subpar shaves.

As someone that used to throw blades away after only 3-5 uses and who now gets 30+ uses out of a single blade......I'm not sure what you mean by sub-par. You and @BarberDave taught me to use an alum block and now that I get no tingle.......you have both taught me well. And you have no one to blame but yourself for my Jedi Shave Master status.

2022 shave #212 (DE:44 SE:54 Str:113 Cart:0) - 1468 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Oz Jack Pumpkin Head
Stirling synth
Quinn’s Cucumber Melon
Nivea 2:1
Tom Ford Oud Wood

Despite @heysi being willing for me to use a full blade, this in had some travel miles on it so I replaced it one shave early. Pretty good visit so far despite the heat. Heading off for a few hours at the Saturday Market which is a year-around craft/food/music deal. Then a afternoon of puzzles and games.
A8F9D6EE-F4C5-4DBE-AD6B-AAFA97B20E96.jpeg

Back