The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

I was thinking it was more like this though.....
View attachment 87296
That's the Pope of Philadelphia, man!

giphy.gif

2022 shave #182 (DE:41 SE:46 Str:94 Cart:0) - 1438 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Pro (3)
CBL Screaming Dolphin Butt
Honeycomb Blue
Quinn Cucumber and Mint
Nivea 2:1
Tom Ford Oud Minerale

Jeesh, this morning has been a roller coaster. First, it started with a pretty good shave with the ole Pro blade. A little generalized alum sting, but not too bad and bouy boy those dolphins sure are screaming! Nice and smooooooth. But then I get to work where I assume I left my airpod case and it's not there. Bummer! But, I finally got off my lazy self and brought some coffee grounds today so good coffee this morning! And theeeeeen, Gear has to point out that this in fact is not Friday. I need a nap just to process all this!
17574629-D2EC-41F9-A167-F9ADA5551C4F.jpeg

2022 shave #183 (DE:41 SE:46 Str:95 Cart:0) - 1439 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Pro (4)
Pinnacle All You Need is Love
Graydog Quilt
Quinn Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

Well, B Dave was in such a rush for me to announce his holiday weekend special, I forgot a photo but got the video out for him. Super sexy smooth shave I'm strutting around like @Graybeard57. Picked out a fragrance that seemed to fit the day. Summer, but foggy and cool at work. This is floral but with some deep notes. Gear said it's finally okay to be in the Friday mood, so here we are! Short trip to the dentist this afternoon, and then I was going to cut out early, but as a turn of the COVID, I'm the only leader for the department today so back to work I will go. No worries, get to return to home to a new batch of cigars to enjoy on the porch and a bonus zoom call with the fogies of the cadre on Sunday.

Ya, and yesterday my wife was like "I hear something going off, is that your iPad or something??"
In ‘the olden days’ folks used to use these funny things that hung on the wall with a dial, a curly cord, and a particularly obnoxious ringing bell. 📞

You’d think that in these modern tech times they could just inject someone with an electronic gizmo to send ya into convulsions for not paying attention to the whiney demands of others.

…..or just make your Tesla take you to the office. 🤔

‘On Call’?… I have adopted the view that these are Human Resources issues gone unresolved because they are too lazy and incompetent to ‘just go out and get’ that 98.6 needing an exorbitant amount of money that jacks the ‘bean counters’ needs for emotional pharmaceuticals.

On Call’?… I have adopted the view that these are Human Resources issues gone unresolved because they are too lazy and incompetent to ‘just go out and get’ that 98.6 needing an exorbitant amount of money that jacks the ‘bean counters’ needs for emotional pharmaceuticals.
Bill, I think your brain can’t survive on bacon alone.

Saturday:
2022 shave #184 (DE:41 SE:47 Str:95 Cart:0) - 1440 days of consecutive shaving
Gillette Techmatic / razor section #8 (2)
Fine Platinum
SV 2.0
No-name lemon toner
Prorasso Mint and Rosemary talc
Zoologist Civet

Video posted. And then my sponsor requested I stop posting videos.
D198DC16-1DA5-41AC-B0D6-BB619C882C33.jpeg

Sunday:

2022 shave #185 (DE:41 SE:47 Str:96 Cart:0) - 1441 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Feather (1)
Los Jobones de Joserra Charmer
Sorrentino Blonde Vixen
No-name lemon toner
Yardley Equity talc
Dior Sauvage

In total defiance, video posted!
4936BE0E-5705-49A3-AC33-45135FF4D8DD.jpeg

2022 shave #186 (DE:41 SE:47 Str:97 Cart:0) - 1442 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Pro (5)
PannaCrema Nuàvia Rossa
AP silk smoke knot
Quinn Cucumber and Mint
Yardley Equity talc

No video due to legal action from my sponsor.

I tried that technique with Quinn’s that B Dave mentioned. Leave the face wet and apply so it doesn’t dry sticky. I used more product than I have been because I can use a tiny amount and have it not sticky. I would say it works, but it of course does take its own sweet time drying before one can apply the never to be withheld 2:1. Speaking of, where’s my sponsorship from Nivea???
D3DB957E-407A-4BF3-B11A-503C5ACC82E5.jpeg

Back