The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2022 shave #187 (DE:41 SE:47 Str:98 Cart:0) - 1443 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Feather (2)
Captain's Choice Lime
AP flat top
Quinn Cucumber and Mint
Nivea 2:1
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes

**The picture is a lie** There have been two scents I couldn't find after I put everything back in the den. I was looking all over for my West Indian Limes to use today. No luck, but I did find the other one I thought was missing. I take my picture, and do my shave. And as I'm brushing my teeth (the last step before final scent application) I look over and see it. I'd been remembering it being in a different bottle this whole time.

Yesterday was pretty good. We went and bought the obligatory "safe" fireworks. Just enough so we could have some of our own and the kids could light some. Then the kids were bored and the wife and I went on the porch to watch the illegal ones interspersed with some of the city shows. @heysi we couldn't see the Giant's stadium, but we could see the show from the Oakland Coliseum across the bay. Then the highlight was 3 cities along the highway doing their shows simultaneously. They seem to add more precision to those things every time. My wife also started to look for flights to Florida for spring break next year. The prices on the airline we normally use were insane. Like $1200 each round trip. She found something reasonable on another for the flight out there. So we're at least going to get there. Just have to keep watching prices for the way back.
5136F1F1-02BF-47ED-B00B-60A6E3119EAD.jpeg

They phoned back....seems the Ka-Pow!! is not up to their standards. They feel they're moving in a different direction.....market-wise, but they thank you and your face for being so handsome.
Sigh, too high energy for the brand huh? I get it.

2022 shave #188 (DE:41 SE:48 Str:98 Cart:0) - 1444 days of consecutive shaving
Blackland Vector w/ Schick Proline (3)
Oz Shaving Woodchopper
Graydog Quilt
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Scents of Wood something

I was a little behind this morning and looking for an easy shave. So the Vector is was. I mean, come on. This thing is almost like cheating. You could have had to repeat the 2nd grade and still get a great shave with this. Your hand/eye coordination could be so bad that you have trouble getting your toothbrush in your mouth and this razor would still give you BBS. If your imaginary friends think you have problems, or you're still looking for bacon seeds so you can grow your own food, you'll find comfort shaving with this. You get the idea. And I see why so many of you like it. 😁

On the downhill slide for school. My project is "finished" and my final paper is done, but I'm going to add one more source to get the final pa-pa-pow. And we're presenting posters of our projects in two weeks. After that, it's one more class meeting for just touching base and waiting for the degree in the mail.
D1F1CF04-1811-4AC6-929A-3871298688DF.jpeg

This thing is almost like cheating.
You could almost say it is the best single edge razor out there (replaceable blade straights excluded)……….I mean as a Scientist and you are unsure - what you do is use the Occam’s Razor theory (aptly named) and after evaluation, given all things equal that the science leads to it being most awesome! A similar take can be used for Tabac shaving soap.

Brian did you break a blood vessel?
My kind overlor….er Leader……Do you not recall our very fine Nurse Dave disparaging the Vector for that wildebeest of a razor from the country of Occam? Then he defaced it by using a handle that looked as though it came from motorcycle handle of the Terminator 2 movie set?

Now he admits that life just flows and all is right with the world while using his Vector - slicing his whiskers with ease? Has he finally stopped drinking his favorite drink of smoked sweat socks whisky - moving onto the nectar of the gods who spell their life water using an e?

Also - do you not recall you singing the praises of such a well engineered machine (I thought it was also neat that you included your pet caterpillar - who hung out under your nose during the shave)……

and here during your clean shaven “Hipster” days…..

Thursday:

2022 shave #189 (DE:41 SE:48 Str:99 Cart:0) - 1445 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Lakewood Beale Street
Maggard synth
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Penhaligon's Endymion

Oopps. Forgot to post this. My 5th shave with the Pro blade was getting a little tuggy so it was send back to the bench and an old winner brought back up.
B3972855-36B7-4896-8BEB-3F035720A1A9.jpeg

Back