The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Lots of catching up for me, but caught up I am! Sounds like an awesome trip to DC. The photo of the Tomb Guard was excellent - they still carry the old M14. And the SR71 photo was awesome too! I've got to get that museum!!
Thanks Chris. Needless to say, I got many more and better pics with my actual camera. Just finally got them on the computer.

2018 shave #178 (DE:45 SE:64 Str:68 Cart:2)
Parker 76R w/ Personna Med Prep (2)
PannaCrema Nuavia Rossa
Plisson 24mm know in Shave Revolution handle
Witch Hazel & Alum
Nivea post shave balm
Tommy Bahama St Kitts

I thought ahead enough to continue the journal through some of my favorite scents. Good ole Rossa. A perfect mix between sweet and a touch of herb/pepper to add some depth to the overall scent. Again, one I should pull out more. This one doesn't fit in my bathroom drawer the way I have it organized, so it always requires forethought to use. Ended up with a beautiful shave without clean up. When I really search for it, there's the tiniest area of roughness under my jaw angle, so DFS+. I'm finding I'm in a phase now of not even evaluating need for clean-up while I shave. That's probably a healthy place to stay in if I can. Most days
are BBS, but without the added soreness I get from pursuing that wet soapy skin BBS.

I got the oldest's bedroom all painted yesterday except for the one small wall section behind her turtle tank which we'll do later this week most likely. So now I'm trying to decide if I start on the house before the weekend. My daughter has been up with my parents in Portland for over a week. We're going Friday to Ashland Oregon to meet them and bring her home. Ashland is just over the boarder into Oregon and about half-way between us. It's famous for its Shakespeare festival. It had a replica of the Globe Theater, as well as a main indoor theater and a smaller indoor one. The city is mainly focused on the tourist trade for people coming to watch plays. We'll drive up Friday. Watch Othello and Romeo and Juliet on Saturday and drive back home on Sunday. I do prefer the modern plays I've seen there, so I'm hoping the acting and stage craft hold my interest for two Shakespeare plays.

I forgot, I have some sad news to report. As I was proudly showing my new brush to my wife yesterday I got the "How many brushes do you need?" followed by they "Didn't you just get a new brush?". Signal for me to make sure the new purchases go right from the shipping box into a drawer for a while.

Yup have to tread lightly now. As many have learned we must fight the urge to throw back with, "How many pairs of shoes/purses/makeup etc do you need?"

Sounds like a highly enjoyable shave!

The Shakespeare Festival in Ashland is great! It’s been a while since I’ve gone, but it’s quite the experience. I do remember I loved the food as much as the plays. Nothing like a good, old fashioned English pastie!

I forgot, I have some sad news to report. As I was proudly showing my new brush to my wife yesterday I got the "How many brushes do you need?" followed by they "Didn't you just get a new brush?". Signal for me to make sure the new purchases go right from the shipping box into a drawer for a while.

It is indeed...a sad, sad day.

Glad your moving along with the painting. I've been winning the mail retrieval lately. What boxes she doesn't see Don't count against me.

2018 shave #179 (DE:46 SE:64 Str:68 Cart:2)
Parker 76R w/ Personna Med Prep (3)
PdP 63
Saponificio Varesino 2.0
Witch Hazel & Alum
Nivea post shave balm
Very Sexy

Whoop, some how I forgot to log today's shave. Since I had to bloom the ole 63, I figured I'd use a brush I had to bloom as well. Forgot how dense this brush is. Very nice to use. Been busy keeping up with posts and last minute work requests. Leaving the office with everything done and everyone happy though.

....I've been winning the mail retrieval lately. What boxes she doesn't see Don't count against me.

^^^^^^^^^^^This!
1f60e.png

^^^^^^^^^^^This!
1f60e.png
She did catch me just now emailing Eric about my brush he's working on and sending me pics, so I had to fess up on that. She still doesn't know I have 2 soaps from Lisa coming in mail before we get home along with something else that even escapes my memory..........oh yeah and I got another empty skin bracer hand coming from the bay that I may put aqua velva in. Glad she loves me for some unknown reason..........

^^^^^^^^^^^This!
1f60e.png
My mail call today did make it right into the tub under the bed. I was thinking I need to pull all my soaps out and make sure my inventory is up to date. Then I thought “ARE YOU INSANE??? SHE CAN’T SEE ALL THAT!!!”

My mail call today did make it right into the tub under the bed. I was thinking I need to pull all my soaps out and make sure my inventory is up to date. Then I thought “ARE YOU INSANE??? SHE CAN’T SEE ALL THAT!!!”
Chuckled outloud while reading that. Wife says what's so funny. I reply nothing dear........

Back