The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2022 shave #139 (DE:35 SE:39 Str:64 Cart:0) - 1395 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Strop Shoppe London Morning
Sorrentino Oregon State
No-name lavender toner
Nivea 2:1
Bleu de Chanel

Whoooeeee, changed up the soap and it was like a whole new world! That Strop Shoppe stuff is creamy too!

The oldest punk tested negative at home yesterday so was shuttled off for an official PCR test before exposing her to the clean part of the family. Came back negative too. So my den is supposed to be getting scrubbed down today and ready for my use in the morning! Interesting the state dept of health called to talk to her. They are investigating what the heck happened at the prom. It didn't surprise me kids spread COVID until I learned not only did they test everyone 2-3 days before the dance, but also right at the pier. How does everyone test negative at the time of the event and it become a mass spreader. Interesting stuff from an epidemiology and public health perspective. And what could/should it mean for increasing public events?
5E2DD4FB-0644-484D-929D-0E656E1CAC37.jpeg

2022 shave #140 (DE:35 SE:39 Str:65 Cart:0) - 1396 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Murphy & McNeil Olde Bushmalt
Chisel and Hound 26mm
Quinn Cucumber and Mint
Scents of Wood something or other

Video posted.
89861A6D-30AD-4949-B2E5-A27491CD00E5.jpeg

2022 shave #141 (DE:35 SE:39 Str:66 Cart:0) - 1397 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Talbot Shaving Governor's Island
Honeycomb Blue
Quinn Lavender
Atelier Cologne Philtre Ceylan

Whoop whoop it's Friday! On a whim, I threw on my Spooner Hawaiian shirt wanting to add a bit of colour and joy to the day. It felt so good putting it on, I sent an email to our COO asking about Aloha Friday through the summer to increase morale. If he doesn't bite, I'll just do it for our department with a couple of catered Hawaiian lunches thrown in.

More follow-up to ye ole kidney stone. My doc enrolled me in a prevention program. Apparently, we have pharmacists that specialize in the kidney and kidney stones. They ordered one more test and then will review all my results and meds and then have a conversation with recommendations for preventing them in the future. Pretty cool.
445620E2-D10C-4FAB-AF78-49BC6A8F6CC4.jpeg

Two things:

- Can I get a job where you work?

- Care to share the prevention program info?

Two things:

- Can I get a job where you work?

- Care to share the prevention program info?
Sure thing. I'm curious because a few years ago I sat in on a Grand Rounds about kidney stones. No surprise the #1 thing by far is increasing fluid intake to prevent the seeding of minerals in the first place. He said it's best to avoid caffeine and alcohol, but in the end, fluids are fluids. Next was reducing salt.

Um.....I don't think any of us are going to be reducing our alcohol (why are doctors such downers?) But I've been increasing my water intake over the past few years. That cleared up a lot of issues I had: Dry eye, dry skin, bad sleep, hangovers.

Boy, I'm slacking. Here's Sat:

2022 shave #142 (DE:35 SE:39 Str:67 Cart:0) - 1398 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (3)
WCS Campfire
Paladin Brush of Shame
Quinn Lavender
Storybook Soapworks Midnight Embers EdP
C88A7850-EF5C-4B8E-BDBC-D591F7F7AF11.jpeg

Last edited:
Sunday:

2022 shave #143 (DE:35 SE:40 Str:67 Cart:0) - 1399 days of consecutive shaving
Blackland Vector w/ The Holy Black SR-71 handle w/ Schick Proline (6)
Darwin shave soap
Shawshank Redemption brush
No-name lemon
Darwin AS

Video posted

954FEB9D-21F1-4B3D-A21C-A9F006F8C57D.jpeg

2022 shave #144 (DE:35 SE:40 Str:68 Cart:0) - 1400 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Los Jabones de Joserra Chamer
Razorock synth
Quinn's Lavender
Dior Sauvage

I mentioned in my video yesterday how good this soap smells. Oh baby, it's lovely to use! I figured it out. It smells like Sauvage mixed with Panncrema Nauvia Rossa. And it's strong enough, the scent was still there after the post-shave routine. Good stuff. Had a bit of a mishap and dropped my Essence while switching hands. I was smart enough not to close my hand around it, but did block it from smacking into the sink with my arm. It hit blade down enough to draw a little blood, but my arm will heal where the Essence is still pristine. How's that @Bill M? Sacraficed my body to save the Essence!

Lovely weekend for the most part. Enjoyed the sun on the deck a little too much with some of the pasty parts a little pink today. That's okay, it makes you feel alive when you forget and scratch a burnt area. And I took the time to grind up coffee to bring for this morning's brew.
67B1EEB7-368D-447C-84B5-AEB90F452BF6.jpeg

Back