The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Hillbilly Vampire! Only one tooth.🧛‍♂️🌽
I was gonna say…very modern Frankenstein-chic.
2022 shave #133 (DE:32 SE:37 Str:64 Cart:0) - 1389 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (1)
WSP Black Amber Vanille
Sorrentino Oregon State
No-name lavender toner
Nivea 2:1
Atelier Cologne Philtre Ceylan pure perfume

Well, the eldest has been sick since Sunday. Tested negative then but then got word that her friend group was all testing positive so tested again yesterday and popped positive. Prom was Friday and despite everyone testing negative within 72hrs prior and mandating masks inside, 30 kids have tested positive since. So stuck in her room she is and using my bathroom so I had to shuttle shave stuff upstairs. Now we just keep testing to see if anyone else gets it. Luckily we’re far enough away from the next cruise that those that get it now can get letters to not have to test at port.
View attachment 82670
Bummer! Dude that 90 day post-recovery window is great! Hope the symptoms remain mild 👍

2022 shave #134 (DE:33 SE:37 Str:64 Cart:0) - 1390 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (2)
WSP Black Amber Vanille
Sorrentino Oregon State
No-name lavender toner

In the mood again to just skip the shave and shower so repeated the easy shave from yesterday. Spent the night in the recliner again which gives better sleep than the bed, but still not all that refreshing. Though it’s cute that one cat keeps me company sleeping between my legs. I’ve been feeling a bit off and worried about having COVID again and went to get tested this afternoon. But could also be paranoia with lack of sleep. My wife’s mom tested positive just a bit ago with a home test. So there are worried about them and their age. Hopefully the extra booster will keep her symptoms mild enough. Post-prom COVID count at the school is up to 48.

2022 shave #135 (DE:34 SE:37 Str:64 Cart:0) - 1391 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (3)
WSP Black Amber Vanille
Sorrentino Oregon State
No-name lavender toner

3 for 3. Look @woodpusher Imma 3017 this sample!! I say that in an excited manner, but I’m bored already. Maybe get back to the Essence tomorrow depending how I feel. Yesterday I went without pain meds all day, but I had a side of meds with breakfast this morning. My COVID test came back negative yesterday so that’s good. We’re pretty sure MIL got it from the assisted living place where she cuts hair since the rest of this house is negative so far. I did have to chuckle this morning hearing the oldest in a super whiney voice talking about how she doesn’t feel any better. She’s fine. Just congested and coughing some, but she’s a big wuss. It’s comical though because she’s the one that’s been saying if she gets COVID she wouldn’t even get sick anyway and what’s the big deal.

Monday I’ll be going back to work after removing my own stent in the morning. Good times. Then because of the oldest I have to test at work every other day for the rest of the week.

Sunday:

2022 shave #136 (DE:35 SE:37 Str:64 Cart:0) - 1392 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (1)
WSP Black Amber Vanille
Sorrentino Oregon State
No-name lavender toner

2022 shave #137 (DE:35 SE:37 Str:64 Cart:0) - 1393 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (2)
WSP Black Amber Vanille
Sorrentino Oregon State
No-name lavender toner
Penhaligon's Endymion

The tin is empty, but I have enough in the bowl for one more shave. I wouldn't want to short-change this 3017. It was this morning that I realized I was living @woodpusher's retired life. I would wake up, make myself a coffee and make my wife coffee. She doesn't seem interested in learning the complexities of pouring water over coffee grounds. Then breakfast, likely some little chores around the house. Then a shave when I got around to it. This glimpse into the future was entirely depressing, Sam. ;)

Back in the office today. My routine is still messed up by shaving to shave in the upstairs. I had to resort to the back-up office bottle of Penhaligon's. Also, after all this time I didn't do any coffee prep so I'll have to resort to the cafe downstairs. What a rocky start!

2022 shave #138 (DE:35 SE:38 Str:64 Cart:0) - 1394 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (4)
WSP Black Amber Vanille
Sorrentino Oregon State
No-name lavender toner
Penhaligon's Endymion

I did it! 3017 complete! I couldn't have done this without the support from everyone and the hassle of getting another soap while not shaving in my own den. To make this occasion even more momentous, I also switched to the 2nd best razor in the land. Freshly ground coffee was also brought into the office for this morning. We're on a roll guys!

The older punk tested positive still so she'll be out the whole 10 days before going back to school. While everyone else is still testing negative so all good on that front. Other than I have to wear an N95 at work and test every other day. But that's okay. Peace of mind anyway. We got to check in for our cruise last night so that means the 30-day count down has begun!

Back