The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2022 shave #144 (DE:35 SE:40 Str:68 Cart:0) - 1400 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Los Jabones de Joserra Chamer
Razorock synth
Quinn's Lavender
Nivea 2:1
Dior Sauvage

I mentioned in my video yesterday how good this soap smells. Oh baby, it's lovely to use! I figured it out. It smells like Sauvage mixed with Panncrema Nauvia Rossa. And it's strong enough, the scent was still there after the post-shave routine. Good stuff. Had a bit of a mishap and dropped my Essence while switching hands. I was smart enough not to close my hand around it, but did block it from smacking into the sink with my arm. It hit blade down enough to draw a little blood, but my arm will heal where the Essence is still pristine. How's that @Bill M? Sacraficed my body to save the Essence!

Lovely weekend for the most part. Enjoyed the sun on the deck a little too much with some of the pasty parts a little pink today. That's okay, it makes you feel alive when you forget and scratch a burnt area. And I took the time to grind up coffee to bring for this morning's brew.
View attachment 83869
Nice save!

Can you hear the stand calling now.

2022 shave #146 (DE:36 SE:40 Str:69 Cart:0) - 1402 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (7)
Pinnacle All You Need is Love
Graydog Education History
Quinn's Lavender
Penhaligon's Racquets

Well, something happened and apparently, there was some glitch in the app I use for tracking my shaves. The last shave with the SS showing on it said I was only 3 shaves in on this blade. I come to enter it on the computer and three more shaves pop up. So this ended up being shave 7. Luckily everything went fine and I didn't have to sue to software distributer for messing up my money maker.

Had the first day of my last semester yesterday. We're supposed to have 5 hours of class this time. Ugh. But I don't think the first teacher will be keeping us for the whole three hours of her class. It's just policy and ethics. Clearly, we can do without the ethics portion given modern healthcare. ;) I kid. Speaking of, I'm actually a member of our ethics committee and have had training related to that, so no shortage of that for me.
95A7DF74-C0DC-4A82-9E53-06621F771B60.jpeg

Ive been starting a carnivore diet And I can see working through a pile of meat on an all you care to eat deal. It will be interesting to compare Krystal with White Castle.

2022 shave #147 (DE:36 SE:40 Str:70 Cart:0) - 1403 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (1)
TDS Birch Tar
Razorock synth
Quinn's Lavender
V's Barbershop Tonic

So my experience with this Birch Tar is much like the first sniff was. It was strong and then was pretty faint for the rest of the time. I was expecting something more like Razor Master Toivo which fills the room with smokiness and a hint of petrol. This Birch Tar was more like a Tallow + Steel scent to me although much less intense. More of a mix of intense and middle eastern spices.
453A7421-7EC6-4E4B-9EB5-C9A8FCAD8EA6.jpeg

2022 shave #148 (DE:36 SE:40 Str:71 Cart:0) - 1404 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (2)
Pinnacle Tales of Lenforte
Chisel and Hound
Quinn's Lavender
Tom Ford Neroli Portofino Aqua

As I had to point out to @Scuttlesoap to get him off my case, this is a sophisticated and multi-layered type of citrus shave. I purchased 3 Pinnacle soaps all the the same time and these are my first ones. I have to say I wish the scents were stronger. I have yet to use the last one, which is a little stronger, but the first two could be cranked up a couple of notches. I'll certainly keep using them, but something I'll remember when looking at soaps in the future.

I'm the only one in the department today which should mean that there's music playing and online shopping surfing, but I keep getting meetings. The hospital is almost 50% over our budgeted census so things are hopping. I start call tomorrow morning, so any night I'm not woken up will be a win!
9064234B-69D5-4A2D-8B24-49A27B9107CF.jpeg

2022 shave #148 (DE:36 SE:40 Str:71 Cart:0) - 1404 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (2)
Pinnacle Tales of Lenforte
Chisel and Hound
Quinn's Lavender
Tom Ford Neroli Portofino Aqua

As I had to point out to @Scuttlesoap to get him off my case, this is a sophisticated and multi-layered type of citrus shave. I purchased 3 Pinnacle soaps all the the same time and these are my first ones. I have to say I wish the scents were stronger. I have yet to use the last one, which is a little stronger, but the first two could be cranked up a couple of notches. I'll certainly keep using them, but something I'll remember when looking at soaps in the future.

I'm the only one in the department today which should mean that there's music playing and online shopping surfing, but I keep getting meetings. The hospital is almost 50% over our budgeted census so things are hopping. I start call tomorrow morning, so any night I'm not woken up will be a win!
View attachment 84307
That soap is based off Penhaligon’s Tragedy of Lord George so it also has a nice whiskey note.

Back