The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2022 shave #124 (DE:29 SE:36 Str:59 Cart:0) - 1380 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (1)
Fine Platinum
Omega boar
No-name lavendar toner
Nivea 2:1
Marc-Antoine B683

So my morning went kinda like this. Hmm, my back is a little sorer than it has been in the kidney area. Let me lay here and wake up and assess. Nope, that's a lot more sore than it has been. This kid is not going into work. Let's get the shower and shave done in case it gets worse. Tylenol on board at this point. Hey, that's getting really uncomfortable, better get some breakfast in to buffer the good pain pills. Okay, this sucks. Oxycodone on board. Whew! Luckily it's just the knife poking pain, and not the knife twisting pain yet. So today is scheduling a bunch of last-minute phone meetings to try to get things set for potentially not being pin a working status for a while at some point.
View attachment 81936
I hope you feel better and get well soon....

It's been almost exactly a year since I passed a stone, that's a pain I wish on no one - hopefully it either passes or gets the zap sooner rather than later!

2022 shave #126 (DE:29 SE:36 Str:61 Cart:0) - 1382 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (2)
CBL Hombres
Stirling synth
Quinn's Cucumber & Mint toner
Penhaligon's Opus 1870

It's a rare thing that I use a scent two days in a row. I still had a few bottles in a box from when I moved my stuff out of the den over the holidays. Poked around to see what was in there and this long-lost sheep was brought back into the fold. Penhaligon's says "A masterpiece, of course. Classic, without ever being de rigueur. A delicate waft of incense meets invigorating yuzu – a bracing, brilliant fragrance, and not a bit heavy." I guess? I don't like incense at all, so I wouldn't go there with it, but it's one of those scents that's hard to describe. I've used this more than any other Penhaligon's I think. I picture pencils, and library when I use it. A lovely scent to me that I imagine can't be offensive to anyone.

On the stone front, I was given 3 choices. 1) Just see if it passes on its own. 40% chance of happening and could take a month. A month with pain hitting just randomly at times when it decides to move. 2) Get it blasted with sound waves. 70% of being effective. Could have no pain after, or could. 3) Get the sharks with friggin' laser beams. 100% effective, but suffer for a week after with a stent in place. I went with door #3 as random pain and possibly needing the lasers anyway doesn't work so well with work planning. This way I can just plan on being out of work for a week and still monitoring emails and such. Plan is for it to happen Monday, but waiting for confirmation today. My doc isn't available until the 28th :oops: So I think they'll just train one of the janitors who is really good at video games.
7081F251-BE63-4738-B63C-65DD72BA5EF0.jpeg

Option-1 for each and every stone I have had. One was even the size of a peanut (shelled, thankfully!).
Have not had one for a few years now (knock on woodpusher)

2022 shave #126 (DE:29 SE:36 Str:61 Cart:0) - 1382 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (2)
CBL Hombres
Stirling synth
Penhaligon's Opus 1870

It's a rare thing that I use a scent two days in a row. I still had a few bottles in a box from when I moved my stuff out of the den over the holidays. Poked around to see what was in there and this long-lost sheep was brought back into the fold. Penhaligon's says "A masterpiece, of course. Classic, without ever being de rigueur. A delicate waft of incense meets invigorating yuzu – a bracing, brilliant fragrance, and not a bit heavy." I guess? I don't like incense at all, so I wouldn't go there with it, but it's one of those scents that's hard to describe. I've used this more than any other Penhaligon's I think. I picture pencils, and library when I use it. A lovely scent to me that I imagine can't be offensive to anyone.

On the stone front, I was given 3 choices. 1) Just see if it passes on its own. 40% chance of happening and could take a month. A month with pain hitting just randomly at times when it decides to move. 2) Get it blasted with sound waves. 70% of being effective. Could have no pain after, or could. 3) Get the sharks with friggin' laser beams. 100% effective
Option 1 for me x3, but mine we're not too bad on the pain scale compared to what others have experienced.

2022 shave #127 (DE:30 SE:36 Str:61 Cart:0) - 1383 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (2)
Murphy & McNeil Olde Bushmalt
Chisel and Hound 26mm
Dior Sauvage

The sexiest noggin in the TSC strikes again with a sneak gift arriving at my door yesterday. Thank you @Scuttlesoap this stuff smells great! It’s supposed to be a homage to Irish whiskey. I don’t get a straight up boozy note, but it’s super yummy none the less.

My plans for going into work today were sidetracked by pain this morning. That’s fine. Well not fine, but I only have a couple of remote meetings and a few things to wrap up. This lead to a late morning shave with the new soap and a new to me brush. I’m wondering if this brush has the split tips because even after copious amounts of rinsing, the tips still feel so soft I think there’s soap left on there.
ECD582E4-24C1-4E67-85CB-E48524A0DDE8.jpeg

Saturday:

2022 shave #128 (DE:30 SE:36 Str:62 Cart:0) - 1384 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Penhaligon’s English Fern
Chisel and Hound 26mm
Penhaligon’s English Fern talc
Penhaligon’s English Fern EdT
C0C03E92-43B3-4FE5-8E4B-4F4A4FA52052.jpeg

Back