The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2022 shave #121 (DE:28 SE:35 Str:58 Cart:0) - 1377 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Southern Witchcrafts Cedar
Graydog Education History
Quinn Cucumber Mint toner
Nivea 2:1
Scents of Wood Papyrus in Acacia

Video posted
39BA2484-5A49-41A0-B442-D4C46B637B4A.jpeg

2022 shave #122 (DE:28 SE:35 Str:59 Cart:0) - 1378 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Razor Master Toivo
TSC anniversary
No-name lemon toner
Stirling Texas on Fire AS
Le Labo Patchouli 24

Boom! Toivo is the only soap I have that has a scent strength of 6/5. It’s a beautiful day outside so I figured it was safe to use if I was going to be on the deck most of the day. Toivo, are you man enough?
A52687A0-774A-4D76-99C0-B88B4D590246.jpeg

2022 shave #123 (DE:28 SE:36 Str:59 Cart:0) - 1379 days of consecutive shaving
Blackland Vector w/ The Holy Black SR-71 handle w/ Schick Proline (5)
WCS #14 Sequoia
Oz purple
No-name lavendar toner
Le Labo Tabac 28

I now have a theory that our facial hair grows mainly at one time during the day. Yesterday I had a late shave around 11:00 and though only a few hours later than normal there was noticeably more hair. It felt like 2 days of growth. Then this morning at my normal 6:00 shave, my face was almost BBS still. So, I have come to conclude that my facial hair does the majority of its growth around 10:00 in the morning. Given that I have observations to support my theory, I will also state I have decided that my theory is now scientific fact.
380B17D3-B974-466A-B740-CEA103D891A9.jpeg

a hypothesis is an assumption made before any research has been completed for the sake of testing. A theory is a principle set to explain phenomena already supported by data.

I stand corrected by the man with the jacka** avatar
In your defense, it is a common semantic error even amongst academics.

Another hypothesis that could be postulated is that Dave’s facial hair is sentient, and as such, over the period of the late night hours, much like the Borg collective they got together and decided that they were afraid to let Dave shave them because he’s never sure what pass he is on, Thus protecting themselves from follicular damage

Another hypothesis that could be postulated is that Dave’s facial hair is sentient, and as such, over the period of the late night hours, much like the Borg collective they got together and decided that they were afraid to let Dave shave them because he’s never sure what pass he is on, Thus protecting themselves from follicular damage
As valid as any.

2022 shave #124 (DE:29 SE:36 Str:59 Cart:0) - 1380 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (1)
Fine Platinum
Omega boar
No-name lavendar toner
Marc-Antoine B683

So my morning went kinda like this. Hmm, my back is a little sorer than it has been in the kidney area. Let me lay here and wake up and assess. Nope, that's a lot more sore than it has been. This kid is not going into work. Let's get the shower and shave done in case it gets worse. Tylenol on board at this point. Hey, that's getting really uncomfortable, better get some breakfast in to buffer the good pain pills. Okay, this sucks. Oxycodone on board. Whew! Luckily it's just the knife poking pain, and not the knife twisting pain yet. So today is scheduling a bunch of last-minute phone meetings to try to get things set for potentially not being pin a working status for a while at some point.
7ED1688A-B502-457D-AB41-E60D2B5D978E.jpeg

Back