The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2022 shave #117 (DE:27 SE:32 Str:58 Cart:0) - 1373 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Crowne & Crane Barista
Honeycomb blue
No-name lavender toner
Nivea 2:1
Crowne & Crane Barista AS
Maison Margiela Replica Coffee Break

Shortened the beard last night. Now just it just feels short and stubby. No Sam, that's not TWSS.
08961EC0-B982-4C7F-B7A0-B72ADFBAB4E0.jpeg

2022 shave #118 (DE:28 SE:32 Str:58 Cart:0) - 1374 days of consecutive shaving
Gillette Aristocrat 1952-1954 w/ Wizamet (1)
Asylum/SC Colonia
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
Quinn Cucumber Mint toner
Missoni

Hey, @CVargo this one has some tumbleweed smell in it. And some thistle and sharp vetiver. Face lather and a vintage razor for a professional-level dolphin screaming shave.

So...let me set the stage. Disney Cruise Line used to only have 4 ships. This year they are starting with their 5th. 2 smaller, 2 larger, and the newest is the largest. It used to be if you sailed on all of them it was called a grand slam. We have 3 of the 4 that are currently sailing. For some reason, my wife was really wanting to get the 4th. They are all different in some way. Mostly different theming in their lounges and restaurants. One of the cruises canceled by COVID would have gotten us there. That takes us to last afternoon. I was just sitting there in my recliner, minding my own business. Out of the blue, my wife announces there is a sale on a cruise on that 4th ship exactly when we had planned on going to Disney World. Now, I know she's been wanting to get to Disney World for some time. Personally, I could give two hoots because I don't do 80% of the rides and spend a lot of time just waiting. But it seems like the draw to the grand slam was stronger. We start talking. This cruise isn't even out of Port Canaveral, so our original flights wouldn't work or we would have to rent a car and drive to Miami. On goes more discussion, figuring out cost since airfares had shot up since we got our flights. We already have flights, hotel, and park tickets all lined up. You know where this is leading. By the end of the evening, all that was scrapped and we're set to sail on the Disney Dream this summer. Whatcha going to do? What about that 5th ship? I don't know what they'll call it when you do all 5, but we're scheduled to sail that one next spring break.
33804C92-B8CC-417E-B5DC-BACF5FF7D17D.jpeg

giphy.gif

If going on 4 Disney cruise ships is called a Grand Slam, what do they call going on 6 Royal Caribbean cruise ships?

2022 shave #118 (DE:28 SE:32 Str:58 Cart:0) - 1374 days of consecutive shaving
Gillette Aristocrat 1952-1954 w/ Wizamet (1)
Asylum/SC Colonia
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
Missoni

Hey, @CVargo this one has some tumbleweed smell in it. And some thistle and sharp vetiver. Face lather and a vintage razor for a professional-level dolphin screaming shave.

So...let me set the stage. Disney Cruise Line used to only have 4 ships. This year they are starting with their 5th. 2 smaller, 2 larger, and the newest is the largest. It used to be if you sailed on all of them it was called a grand slam. We have 3 of the 4 that are currently sailing. For some reason, my wife was really wanting to get the 4th. They are all different in some way. Mostly different theming in their lounges and restaurants. One of the cruises canceled by COVID would have gotten us there. That takes us to last afternoon. I was just sitting there in my recliner, minding my own business. Out of the blue, my wife announces there is a sale on a cruise on that 4th ship exactly when we had planned on going to Disney World. Now, I know she's been wanting to get to Disney World for some time. Personally, I could give two hoots because I don't do 80% of the rides and spend a lot of time just waiting. But it seems like the draw to the grand slam was stronger. We start talking. This cruise isn't even out of Port Canaveral, so our original flights wouldn't work or we would have to rent a car and drive to Miami. On goes more discussion, figuring out cost since airfares had shot up since we got our flights. We already have flights, hotel, and park tickets all lined up. You know where this is leading. By the end of the evening, all that was scrapped and we're set to sail on the Disney Dream this summer. Whatcha going to do? What about that 5th ship? I don't know what they'll call it when you do all 5, but we're scheduled to sail that one next spring break.
View attachment 81425
and there goes the watch budget

Careful if you admit to smelling tumbleweed there's another dave around here who will never let ya forget it. But yes I get a lot of "russian thistle" on SV products.

Also a cruise sounds way better than standing in lines.
good boy

Ooops, this was Thursday:

2022 shave #119 (DE:28 SE:33 Str:58 Cart:0) - 1375 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Lakewood Beale Street
TSC Legacy
Penhaligon's Bayolea
4F324680-F261-4E77-8329-A510154E09DD.jpeg

2022 shave #120 (DE:28 SE:34 Str:58 Cart:0) - 1376 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Old Cahaba Brocha
Wolf Whiskers 2-band badger
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade

Funny, I was just about to start typing that I made it two days without any travel plans being added but my wife reminded me we have a deposit on one of those timeshare presentation vacations in Hawaii we need to pick dates for. So she's calling today and hopefully, we'll be going to Kauai at the end of July. And started looking at summer plans for 2023. I guess we've opened the flood gates on travel after nothing for two years.
43E79852-DC58-44CD-BCB5-CCE02B63E21F.jpeg

Back