The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

In your next shave video maybe you can explain the time-dependent Schrödinger equation for us?
My favorite point was that people (smartie types that work with stuff I'd never understand) started observing things that they couldn't explain in their experiments and didn't make common sense. And instead of saying something must be wrong, they realized there was something they just didn't know enough about to understand yet. Unlike a lot of junk today where people just use a drop of knowledge to apply "common sense" to everything around them when they haven't actually learned enough to actually understand it.

But there, I just shared that. So now I need to think of something else.

My favorite point was that people (smartie types that work with stuff I'd never understand) started observing things that they couldn't explain in their experiments and didn't make common sense. And instead of saying something must be wrong, they realized there was something they just didn't know enough about to understand yet. Unlike a lot of junk today where people just use a drop of knowledge to apply "common sense" to everything around them when they haven't actually learned enough to actually understand it.

But there, I just shared that. So now I need to think of something else.
Yeah the first generation Quantum Physics guys are very inspiring in their willingness to own their ignorance and hunt for the truth, even if it meant throwing out ideas that had been in place since Newton. And they are very human in their unwillingness to let go of ideas that made them feel at ease (like Planck and Einstein and others) who seem to “get it” but are made very uncomfortable by their perceived implications of this new understanding.

Did you see the new doctor Dave?

Did you see the new doctor Dave?
I did not! I buy all my higher-end razors 2nd hand. I'll need @BarberDave to buy this, realize it's pretty much the same as the old one, and offload it to me.

I don't have Eau anything. Just plain ole college boy Dior Sauvage
Did you say you tried Sauvage Elixir yet? I bet you’d like it if you enjoy the regular version…nice and strong, long lasting. Should see if you can get a decant!

Did you say you tried Sauvage Elixir yet? I bet you’d like it if you enjoy the regular version…nice and strong, long lasting. Should see if you can get a decant!
I have not. My scent knowledge is shallow compared to a lot of this group.

I don't have Eau anything. Just plain ole college boy Dior Sauvage

I have never tried Sauvage how would you describe it ( and don't be funny and say "with words" ;) ).. Alicia and I talked about it the other day.... If im out of the house tomorrow I may stop somewhere to check it out....

I have never tried Sauvage how would you describe it ( and don't be funny and say "with words" ;) ).. Alicia and I talked about it the other day.... If im out of the house tomorrow I may stop somewhere to check it out....
I would say it’s mainly peppery with some warm sweetness

2022 shave #33 (DE:7 SE:13 Str:13 Cart:0) - 1290 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Wild West Shaving Pinkerton
Oz Purple
Thayers Lavender
Nivea 2:1
Dior Sauvage

Well, I took a shot with a Sauvage to see if I could win on a technicality.

Rant: So we have a new tenant in the in-law unit now. One thing he brought up when he was looking at the place is where he could keep his motorcycle as it's only street parking for tenants. I get it, you don't want people messing with it or knocking it over. To be accommodating we decided there was a spot on the brick entry walk that was wide enough that he could keep it there. It would be an inconvenience for us especially when carrying things, but like I said trying to accommodate. When he came to sign the lease we showed him the spot and he agreed that would work and thanked us. Day after he moves in, his bike gets delivered and he parks it on the street in front of the house where our oldest parks every day in the SUV. She was gone to school. My wife mentions gently to him about his bike not being where we agreed. His reply is he prefers in the street because it's easier to get out. So if it's available he'll take that first. Given, my wife wanted to be nice and mentioned to him that our daughter parks there daily but we'll play it by ear. .... ..... ..... I'm processing here. You JUST heard we use that space daily. And you JUST moved here. And we agreed on a spot just for your bike on our own walkway. Now, this is all through text. And yes, I'm acutely aware that nobody owns spots on the street. But us and the neighbor on each side just over time have each come to use one of the three spots in front of us. So I've been pondering this over and over. Even hearing that we park there regularly doesn't get this guy to move. Which will result in one of those stupid parking wars with watching for a spot to be open to move a car into. And I can't help but feel this guy is part of the entitled generation. We make an inconvenient accommodation for him, but he prefers something that is even more of an inconvenience to us as his primary plan and then the other inconvenient one as his backup. No sir. Thinking I'll be talking to this young gentleman today. Can't stop you from parking in the street, but if you're saying you're fine with being on the street, then consider the offer of our walkway off the table. If you can't park in front of the house you'll just have to go up the road. What a load of horse pucky.
ABC41155-9222-4EA0-A7C2-48D861687428.jpeg

2022 shave #33 (DE:7 SE:13 Str:13 Cart:0) - 1290 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Wild West Shaving Pinkerton
Oz Purple
Thayers Lavender
Nivea 2:1
Dior Sauvage

Well, I took a shot with a Sauvage to see if I could win on a technicality.

Rant: So we have a new tenant in the in-law unit now. One thing he brought up when he was looking at the place is where he could keep his motorcycle as it's only street parking for tenants. I get it, you don't want people messing with it or knocking it over. To be accommodating we decided there was a spot on the brick entry walk that was wide enough that he could keep it there. It would be an inconvenience for us especially when carrying things, but like I said trying to accommodate. When he came to sign the lease we showed him the spot and he agreed that would work and thanked us. Day after he moves in, his bike gets delivered and he parks it on the street in front of the house where our oldest parks every day in the SUV. She was gone to school. My wife mentions gently to him about his bike not being where we agreed. His reply is he prefers in the street because it's easier to get out. So if it's available he'll take that first. Given, my wife wanted to be nice and mentioned to him that our daughter parks there daily but we'll play it by ear. .... ..... ..... I'm processing here. You JUST heard we use that space daily. And you JUST moved here. And we agreed on a spot just for your bike on our own walkway. Now, this is all through text. And yes, I'm acutely aware that nobody owns spots on the street. But us and the neighbor on each side just over time have each come to use one of the three spots in front of us. So I've been pondering this over and over. Even hearing that we park there regularly doesn't get this guy to move. Which will result in one of those stupid parking wars with watching for a spot to be open to move a car into. And I can't help but feel this guy is part of the entitled generation. We make an inconvenient accommodation for him, but he prefers something that is even more of an inconvenience to us as his primary plan and then the other inconvenient one as his backup. No sir. Thinking I'll be talking to this young gentleman today. Can't stop you from parking in the street, but if you're saying you're fine with being on the street, then consider the offer of our walkway off the table. If you can't park in front of the house you'll just have to go up the road. What a load of horse pucky.
View attachment 74832
Remember what I said about glide ratios…. This may be a good test participant… just sayin

Back