The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

I can see ya Now.
2192e62443862673b04f790080d6f7f1.gif

We've done Disney countless times in the summer, typically early June, and while warm it's not unbearable compared to later in the season. Wife and I went for a wedding anniversary in September and I said absolutely never again during that late summer period. Was absolutely drenched in sweat even at 8am. Early summer or bust Dave!!

200.gif

I have a freind still stuck in his hotel in Mexico under quarrantine, no bueno
My cousin's husband just got approval to leave Cancun today because of a Positive test before they were supposed to leave. My cousin tested negative and left on the 20th. Then she took a home test when she got home and it was positive!

2022 shave #26 (DE:6 SE:9 Str:11 Cart:0) - 1283 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Crowne & Crane Barista
Graydog Education History
Thayers Lavender for beginners
Nivea 2:1
The Holy Black Cowboy Coffee AS

I'm am tired of being tired. That is all.
C6381359-B254-416E-9EF0-6B3E9EEB6FE8.jpeg

2022 shave #26 (DE:6 SE:9 Str:11 Cart:0) - 1283 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Crowne & Crane Barista
Graydog Education History
Thayers Lavender for beginners
The Holy Black Cowboy Coffee AS

I'm am tired of being tired. That is all.
View attachment 74171
My friend - I truly hope today makes a turn-around and turns awesome!

I can't take the lines of Disney any more. They were fine when I was younger, but I have grown more impatient in my age. I have friends around here that do go a lot though.

I can't take the lines of Disney any more. They were fine when I was younger, but I have grown more impatient in my age. I have friends around here that do go a lot though.
I just don’t remember it being that busy when I was younger, or having to wait that long. Everything seemed to move quickly and we pretty much got to ride whatever we wanted with like a 15-30 minute wait at the most. It just feels insane now!

I just don’t remember it being that busy when I was younger, or having to wait that long. Everything seemed to move quickly and we pretty much got to ride whatever we wanted with like a 15-30 minute wait at the most. It just feels insane now!
Yes, now the thing is paying an additional cost to be able to use express lanes on many rides. Not thrilled about it, but as has been pointed out, you don't want to spend hours of each day standing around in line.

2022 shave #27 (DE:6 SE:10 Str:11 Cart:0) - 1284 days of consecutive shaving
Gillette Techmatic / razor section #9 (4)
SV 70th
Wolf Whiskers
Thayers Lemon Professional
SV 70th AS

If it's good enough for the Apollo astronauts... I thought the contrast of high-end items with a plastic razor from the 70s resulted in something akin to performance art that some of our more sophisticated members would appreciate. Practically, I was trying to decide if I treat this blade more like the stiffer AC blades and get 6 shaves out of it, or a DE blade since it's got a lot of age on it, and it also made to be flexible in order to roll-up. I think more like a DE with a limit of 3 shaves is the ruling based on this shave and the power vested in me by Chad.
652FF789-9D3B-4B39-BC4E-2C86DF7E9F81.jpeg

Back