The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Be prepared to get the infamous eyeroll from johnny-all-the-parking-spots. That's uncool behavior.

When people park in front of my house I purposely have to water the lawn at that moment. Or I need to shovel snow to that spot in front and behind their car. DO NOT PARK IN FRONT of my house.

2022 shave #34 (DE:8 SE:13 Str:13 Cart:0) - 1291 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (3)
CBL Screaming Dolphin Butt
Stirling synth
Thayers Lavender
Nivea 2:1
CBL Screaming Dolphin Butt face elixir
Tom Ford Oud Minerale

Chose the quickest razor to shave with as I was dragging a little late this morning. I'm jealous of Gear having a backup bottle of the Oud Minerale as I will surely miss it when it's gone. I smell so good. Today I've already calculated raises and bonuses for the year, finalized the end-of-year summary of goals for the hospital, and deleted almost 4000 emails. I think that pretty much wraps up the week.
221D8DD9-9315-47DE-A5AE-3C7049F8CAA3.jpeg

So being a bank we have to archive emails for 8 years. FDIC requirements and part of a consent order we are under. ANYWAYS!!!! We use Outlook, and they specially programmed to remove our "delete" icon instead it's a giant A which means archive. So this morning I have an employee frantically asking to have just ten min with me! Something is wrong went something like this:

Me: I have like 15 min before my back to backs start go ahead and call me.

She calls me

Her: My email is broken
Me: Why?
She shares her screen
Her: Look I can't open any emails I can't open folders and I can't do anything.
Me: Click on file
She does
Me: There's your problem you have 98 of 99 Gigs used! Go back to your inbox and select ALL the messages older than a week using ctrl+shift. Now click the archive button.
Her: how long will this take?
Me: You might be able to use your email after lunch.

I'm jealous of Gear having a backup bottle of the Oud Minerale as I will surely miss it when it's gone.
I wish I had a back up bottle…no though, I just have a 50ml I got that was like 95% full. There’s still some floating around out there for decent prices. I am seeing them less and less though.

And yes, you do smell good 😎👍

So being a bank we have to archive emails for 8 years. FDIC requirements and part of a consent order we are under. ANYWAYS!!!! We use Outlook, and they specially programmed to remove our "delete" icon instead it's a giant A which means archive.
We're the opposite. To save space emails are auto-deleted after 3 months or something unless you specifically archive them. But due to the nature of my department, we get a waiver and they are never auto-deleted. Thus my problem.

2022 shave #35 (DE:8 SE:13 Str:14 Cart:0) - 1292 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (1)
The Holy Black Autumnal
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
Thayers Lavender
Luis Vuitton Ombre Nomade

Lovely shave with a lovely razor that still needs a name. Not only is today's scent awesome, it's also powerful. Thinking about sitting in my office by myself all day, I went ahead and put on an extra squirt. Then remembered I have a rare in-person meeting this morning. Well, are they in for a treat! Oh ya Friday baby! All this procrastinating this week has been exhausting. Not to mention all those guys trying to enable me to buy watches. I'm not sure if the fact that I haven't yet speaks more to my willpower or their weak enabling skills.
FFB359D0-4BE3-4E48-BC98-B80C9BAD3D83.jpeg

Now onto today’s shave - I think your Tedalus was beginning to wonder if you still loved it. Smart move by shaving with it today

Ummm.... what does that smell like?
Well, it smells very similar to Oud Minerale. The intention was to be a metallic aquatic with a touch of pepper. As you see Chris chose to add another work to my requested name.

How did I miss the parking crisis?

Here is how we east coasters handle these types of situations…..

View attachment 75006

And if that doesn’t work:

View attachment 75005

From what I understand - the currents in the San Fran Bay will address any issues.

How we handle it here.
fdcae4e875b6af2686d3ec5622e718c4.gif

2c62d3a70ec2982aa7005b3c3f2e6d06.gif

2022 shave #36 (DE:8 SE:13 Str:15 Cart:0) - 1293 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Wilkinson Sword
AP flat top
Thayers Lavender
Scents of Wood Neroli in Acacia

Should be a relaxing weekend. Lots of little things I can get done, but nothing I really have to. Mild high 50s day so out on the deck for breakfast earlier and a stick now. Bought a candle making kit to try to find a hobby to get my daughter to emerge from her room. She seems interested. We’ll see how it goes.
FC951F7B-6B29-4E86-87BC-249516012D5D.jpeg

Back