The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Just watched your recent video and enjoyed the chat format. Tend to agree with your wife that in the realm of watches, it's better to have one or two standouts that you are tied to emotionally (although to your point, then it really isn't a rabbit hole hobby.) My Speedy Pro was a wedding gift and I think if I ever tried to convince my wife I needed to spend $20K on a Rolex Batman she'd promptly divorce me!

Sunday:

2022 shave #37 (DE:8 SE:13 Str:16 Cart:0) - 1294 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Southern Witchcrasfts Fougere Nemeta
Graydog Quilt
Thayers Lavender
Nivea 2:1
Southern Witchcrasfts Fougere Nemeta AS

Video posted (I'm so good to you guys)
61885A7A-1C6A-4FFB-8F1B-C5251C458ACB.jpeg

2022 shave #38 (DE:8 SE:13 Str:17 Cart:0) - 1295 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (1)
Oleo Soapworks Humanitas
Sorrentino Oregon State
Thayers Lemon for Men
Imaginary Authors Every Storm a Serenade

If we live in bliss all the time, it becomes our commonplace, so I changed up the razors again. This shavette will be my ride through 4 uses of the blade. Busy day at work today, mostly because I realized I have something due for school end of the day tomorrow. So research was done, rights requested to papers and got 'er done. Good Zoom call last night, and at this point, I'm playing the game of placing bids on eBay hoping to get outbid so I have a built-in reason for not buying a watch. Lost one yesterday and one this morning so things are going as planned.
Owner of the house got a guy to come out to look at the furnace which was made in like the 50s or 60s because it's been making lots of noise. We didn't care much, but we now have that guy living downstairs and it's right on the other side of his wall. I dunno what the noises were, but I guess he found cracks in it? If there's anything I know less about than if Tim prefers smooth or chunky, it's how a furnace is built. So the whole thing needs to be replaced. Good for us because our heating costs are going to have to drop significantly with decades of advancement in those things. Just hope they are going to move quick.
2540E131-C214-4598-BCD7-9EF21DA3F95F.jpeg

compliments of the C.E.C.

You evil, evil man. 😂

Did you want me to swing by and pick up your order?

Hey! Who forgot to post my Tuesday shave??

2022 shave #39 (DE:8 SE:13 Str:18 Cart:0) - 1296 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (2)
Oaken Far Afield
Paladin Brush of Shame
Thayers Lemon for those that simply need the best
Scents of Wood Ebony in Oak

043DCC81-1ECA-4A2C-B57D-18F80C78A457.jpeg

2022 shave #40 (DE:8 SE:14 Str:18 Cart:0) - 1297 days of consecutive shaving
Gillette Techmatic / razor section #8 (1)
Eleven Apollo
Stirling synth
Thayers Lemon for influencers
Creed Viking

Well, I'll leave the existential crisis that I'm in for the Watches thread or my next video. Though I will say a special order has been placed in that area and arrival hopes to be towards the end of March. Every time I use this razor I'm amazed at how good of a close and mild shave the ribbon blade gives. I'm thinking I might turn up the aggression if I remember to the next time. And the oldest has started a job at Starbucks. She gets a free pound of coffee every week. Hey, nice perk right? If their coffee didn't taste like a smoked back end of a skunk it would be. We told her to bring the lightest roast they had. Somehow it looked lighter than most of their stuff, but they were still able to make it bitter enough you need to turn that $2 cup into a $7 concoction with sweeteners and flavors to mask the taste.
A006596A-DDAB-4463-AA89-01D4937B7731.jpeg

2022 shave #41 (DE:8 SE:14 Str:19 Cart:0) - 1298 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (1)
GTB
Honeycomb blue
Thayers Lemon Professional
GTB AS
GTB EdT

Taking the day off today to spend a couple of hours at the dentist getting a deep clean. I had to think what I would grace the lucky hygienist with. What else you going to do? You’re gunna hit ‘em with the GTB baby!!!
E568A822-B7B5-4D55-B124-1B278460F93E.jpeg

Back