The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

List of worst

Death
Hospitalization
Not being able to smell and taste whiskey

2022 shave #5 (DE:1 SE:1 Str:3 Cart:0) - 1262 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Soek Scheermonnik
Muhle Rocca
Thayers Lemon for Real Men
Nivea 2:1
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade

Oh ya baby, day #3 of working from home. I did make the mistake of not listening to my body yesterday when it was asking for a nap in the afternoon and instead I gave it a dose of video games. Got to feeling worse in the evening, but got a good night's rest with some NyQuil. This was the sissy cherry kind, but it seemed to work okay. I'm down with what Chad said, feeling pretty decent and I keep thinking about little errands I want to run and knowing I shouldn't be out potentially spreading my wares, but knowing there are plenty of folks that probably would just go about their business as usual. Was in the mood for a sub sandwich for lunch, so it's being delivered.

My boss' boss is retiring this week so we're getting a new one. Normally it likely wouldn't change my role much, but there are some hospitals that are grouped into service areas and it seems as though we're going to be ping-ponged back to a hospital we were paired with several years ago. Which potential means several shifting around of folks as there are a good number of people that have had roles in both hospitals. Next few months will be interesting.
1475A326-4538-468D-A644-10E2AA3E2E57.jpeg

but there are some hospitals that are grouped into service areas and it seems as though we're going to be ping-ponged back to a hospital we were paired with several years ago. Which potential means several shifting around of folks as there are a good number of people that have had roles in both hospitals. Next few months will be interesting.
I was in a similar position once when my hospital bailed out another, formed a partnership, and rotation of managers occurred. Within a couple of years, the one who was bailed out became the dominant partner. This was 20+ years ago, and the partnership grew into a chain of hospitals. Interesting times we live in.

2022 shave #6 (DE:2 SE:1 Str:3 Cart:0) - 1263 days of consecutive shaving
Timeless w/ Wizamet (2)
The Club Hedonisme
RazoRock synth
Thayers Lemon Professional
Nivea 2:1
Tom Ford Noir de Noir

I dunno what is going on. Had been getting a bit better every day. But today it feels like this crud has settled in my upper chest. I have had that pattern with colds in the past, so I guess I just shouldn't be surprised. But I'd be more comfortable with the COVID staying out of there.

Still haven't put all my shaving stuff back in the den after clearing it out for the holidays. I like having more counter space, but not sure where to keep everything. Currently, I have a box of brushes and a box of scents in another room so have to plan ahead. I didn't plan for my scent today so went into the sample drawer and used one @BarberDave sent some time back. It was a touch sweet at first, but it's growing on me. I don't know how @GearNoir can't have his name sake scent in his stable.
C1F73E7D-E486-444B-BEDA-36D76500AA63.jpeg

Boxes o'stuff: Except for consumables, razors and brushes in a box that you haven't reached for in 2 years should find a new home.

Boxes o'stuff: Except for consumables, razors and brushes in a box that you haven't reached for in 2 years should find a new home.
Nooo, these are new boxes o stuff. I kept all my brushes and scents on the countertop. Put them all in boxes when my bathroom was going to be used by other family. So now I've slowly been bringing them back one by one as I want to use them.

I work in a dept of 20 people.

14 of us currently positive. And we have people in AZ, UT, IL, and NY. It's everywhere man. Thankfully everyone is working and has mild to no symptoms.

Positive COVID test today says this is now medicinal
View attachment 72197

Jeez everyone has it right now…. Of course, feel better soon!
Sorry you have it Dave , I hope you get better soon..... My Mom went for a test today to see if she has it because she feels so bad. Fortunately we are all vaxxed and boostered up.... I pray she doesn't have it...

Back