The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2022 shave #13 (DE:4 SE:4 Str:5 Cart:0) - 1270 days of consecutive shaving
Blackland Vector w/ w/ Schick Proline (5)
Southern Witchcrafts Carpathia
Sorrentino Oregon State
Thayers Lavender
Nivea 2:1
Atelier Cologne Philtre Ceylan

Big ole UGH. Last evening and most of this morning was a big ole flaming dumpster fire. Currently, my daughter is home from school, my glasses are sporting one arm held on with wire, work has been hectic unrelated to the surge stuff, and one cat has taken to puking around 1-2am multiple times in multiple places. Postives - the Tesla had a simple recall and they came to do it right in the driveway. I didn't have time to deal with coffee this morning so my wife made it with the ole machine and stated that my pour overs taste better. And now I’m like the third loser in bingo!
97CAC2E4-92AC-4160-9CDB-11296D57FFAF.jpeg

1. Sorry that today is not optimal.
2. You have a wonderful wife because she took a crisis situation (no coffee) and resolved the problem (have coffee)!! And she validated your coffee prowess by complimenting your pour over expertise! Extra wife bonus points!
3. How did it slip your mind that the TSC is a positive? Just knowing there are wonderful folks on this site that will silently relish in your misfortune of being a 3rd level non-winner in Bingo. What you say? Brian - you lost as well- well yes, Dave, you are correct. But I was the 2nd loser - which we all know is 1 ABOVE the 3rd loser.

I hope your evening proves to be nothing but bliss my brother and may you have a fantastic Scotch intertwined in there as well.

1642109512739.gif

And just know - you’ll always be a winner in our eyes…..you just gotta believe in yourself. Keep telling yourself that!

1642109851479.gif

How did it slip your mind that the TSC is a positive? Just knowing there are wonderful folks on this site that will silently relish in your misfortune of being a 3rd level non-winner in Bingo. What you say? Brian - you lost as well- well yes, Dave, you are correct. But I was the 2nd loser - which we all know is 1 ABOVE the 3rd loser.
Silly me! At last I'm not the last loser! It's like we should have shirts, I Won Losing at Bingo!

2022 shave #14 (DE:4 SE:4 Str:6 Cart:0) - 1271 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (1)
PannaCrema Nuàvia Rossa
Stirling synth
Thayers Lemon Professional
Nivea 2:1

This morning started off with taking my daughter to have all 4 wisdom teeth removed. I had to wait in the car so picked a scent I thought would be enjoyable in an inclosed space. I lathered the Rossa all over my beard and rinsed it off. Wasn’t smelling it as much as usual, but once I put my mask on it was heavenly.

Kind of sad about the Feather SS. After using the Essence, this feels like a plastic toy.

2F876532-4AEF-4214-9864-57CAF726D1F5.jpeg

No Feather Sponsorships for either of you.

The DX stays for me. I mean what if I loan my Essence to KJ @Spider an his ‘spidey senses’ start tingling all over it, and it takes too long to come home? What am I supposed to shave with? A GoDallah? A Shive-Ette? A six bladed cart? An eclectic thingamabobber? And my stand isn’t even here yet! Get cryin out loud, it, ain’t all that far from Switzerland to Whincelpania. Ahhhhhhh

Back