The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

So, not too long ago got off an evening command center call. This was a call that this morning wasn't planned and was added because of the situation we're in. Every time I think about posting something I second guess figuring people, like myself, are tired of hearing about it. But hey, I'm sure folks skip half of what I say. It also seems like a broken record. This is worse than it's been. But it's worse in a different way. It's interesting how each surge has had its own personality. This one isn't filling the ICU with ventilator patients, it's decimating the workforce of every level of the system. I'm sure you hear about flights getting canceled because of staff illness. The same thing is happening through health care. This surge is predicted to only be a month, but it's going to be a tough one to get through. This is on top of an increased census that never really let the staff recover from the previous surges. Cross your fingers folks!

Yep…the strain is being felt in our area too. I’ve been the only chaplain cleared for visits for my office for the last 2 weeks. Nursing and HHA pools are seriously hurting too.

I am really hoping there is a light at the end of the tunnel - and this is really a war that our medical teams are in - I can’t imagine the stress every day that they go through - not just in trying to take on each surge - but because each surge puts them at risk as well

One of my best friend’s wife is a Nurse and running a COVID ward - I don‘t even recognize her - she has that Thousand Yard Stare

Last edited:
It's tough. My brother-in-law is in SC. No one, not his Dr., nor any urgent care clinic had any openings. A couple clinics around him told him 30 minutes after they opened that they were already full for the day.

My wife is exhibiting extreme stress.

Record high, admitted patient positives.

Huge volume of co-workers off work with the plague.

High transmission, lower casualties….. Pandemic killer?🤞

To those in the line of fire, my gratitude.

2022 shave #7 (DE:2 SE:2 Str:3 Cart:0) - 1264 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (2)
The Club Black Birch Stout
Paladin Brush of Shame
Thayers Lavender
Nivea 2:1
Mark Buxton Nameless

I. Am. Full. Of. Snot. Per Dr @CVargo I'm using a humidifier to prevent it from getting congested. Per Dr My Wife I added eucalyptus oil to it. Does anyone else want to add to my treatment regime?

Sad little thing this morning. If you saw my picture in "what's in front of you", I was headed down for my shower and saw a nice firey sunrise. So I went out on the deck to grab a picture. Went down, came up smelling good after my professional level shave. My wife says "Did you just open the door"? Apparently, she filled the cat food bowl and was surprised when the greedy cat didn't come running. She looked around and saw said cat out on the deck meowing to get in. She was worried she might have been out there all night. Little bugger snuck out with me I guess. Poor cats really love being outside, but the weather hasn't permitted much of that as we need to leave the door cracked open or they immediately whine to come in. They are only happy out there when they know they can come back in at any time.

In other news, I have a week of on-call starting tomorrow at 7am. Burn your sage and hope for the best!
0F33EF14-2B36-4122-8962-4FB33AA567F4.jpeg

Ewww on call right before the new health mandate drops? Boooo!
Heh, we have stuff changing almost daily. Not sure which one you’re referring to. Unless it’s the booster mandate? I’m hoping that won’t be much of an issue because we’ve already filter through those that refuse or got waivers.

2022 shave #8 (DE:2 SE:3 Str:3 Cart:0) - 1265 days of consecutive shaving
Blackland Vector w/ Schick Proline (4)
Central Texas Soaps Weekend Rodeo
Honey Comb Blue
Thayers Lavender
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather

No rhyme or reason for what was used today other than to use some new stuff. New boss with a new routine had me out of bed at 6:30 to insure our hospital report was complete for sending up the chain. Our COVID patients are up 10x from the beginning of the week with 1/3 of our patients having COVID. I need a nap.

Video posted
717D307F-9D10-4467-940C-5341D53DDF41.jpeg

Opps, this was Sunday:

2022 shave #9 (DE:2 SE:3 Str:4 Cart:0) - 1266 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Talbot Tangerine
AP Flat Top
Thayers Lavender
Talbot Tangerine AS

A video was posted
EDEAABAA-175F-4876-BDDD-E18B5380A749.jpeg

2022 shave #11 (DE:3 SE:3 Str:5 Cart:0) - 1268 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (7)
Declaration Grooming Darkfall
Wolf Whiskers 2-band
Thayers Lemon Professional
Galimard Sensuel Safron

Oppps, because I was behind in my recordkeeping, I went over my preferred number of shaves for the blade. But all was good.
43EA12DC-43F5-48E9-A25F-01159A12626B.jpeg

Back