The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Saturday:
2021 shave #359 (DE:122 SE:105 Str:133 Cart:11) - 1251 days of consecutive shaving
Gillette Aristocrat 1952-1954 w/ Wizamet (1)
Outlaw Refinery Santa’s Pipe
AP silk smoke knot
Nivea 2:1
Thayers Lemon Professional
Creed Viking
75AC6248-3613-4B12-8814-4F088C2CA848.jpeg

Sunday:
2021 shave #360 (DE:122 SE:105 Str:134 Cart:0) - 1252 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (1)
CBL Breakfast Blend
?
The Holy Black Cowboy Coffee AS
C4BF797F-83B0-4D7D-8859-C674B61775CB.jpeg

Last edited:
Monday;
2021 shave #361 (DE:122 SE:105 Str:134 Cart:0) - 1253 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (1)
Stirling Hipster
Stirling synth
Atelier Cologne Philtre Ceylan pure perfume
263EC03D-FC79-45FE-997A-EB0FD111660E.jpeg

Last edited:
I see it is coffee week at Nurse Dave World - shaves with soaps that have coffee notes (I count at least 3)…..coffee videos…….coffee grinders……

1640795770981.gif

2021 shave #364 (DE:122 SE:105 Str:137 Cart:0) - 1256 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Penhaligon’s English Fern
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
Penhaligon’s English Fern talc
Penhaligon’s English Fern EdT

First day rain hasn’t been in the forecast so my plan was to set up a table outside, make my daughter bundle up and get some fresh air. I decided to embrace the fresh with the Mac Daddy of elegant shaves. Was able to hang out outside for a while and actually have a decent conversation with my daughter finally. She’s taking all this better than I think I am. Tough on everyone as the family wasn’t all exposed at once and we’re juggling isolation, testing, and when what is safe to do.
4E53F037-521C-45EE-A560-DE48DD4A01A7.jpeg

Glad you (all'y'all version of "you") were able to spend some time together rather than being cooped up in rooms.

Sat:
2023 shave #2 (DE:1 SE:0 Str:0 Cart:0) - 1258 days of consecutive shaving
Gillette Aristocrat 1952-1954 w/ Wizamet (3)
Fine Platinum
Wolf Whiskers Zydeco in Aztec Gold and Heart of Gryffindor w/ 24mm 2-band Badger
Creed Viking
A54802A9-F9D2-4B6A-99BD-09ACB6D856FD.jpeg

2022 shave #2 (DE:1 SE:0 Str:1 Cart:0) - 1259 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (3)
A&E Vanille de Tabac
Paladin Brush of Shame

Well, the first two shaves of this year I posted were lies. Switch the razors. Yesterday I planned on using the Gillette, but it was so late in the afternoon by the time I got around to taking a shower that I wanted to use the Essence to get rid of the scruff. So today it was the Gillette to get the numbers right. Speaking of numbers, long ago I stopped double checking to make sure they were right and I know I messed up somewhere. There was at least one day with 2 shaves so my total should have been over 365. Whatever.

Used Chad’s page to vent a bit today. Sorry man. Wife and I are still ill with something and work starts again tomorrow. Feel like the whole week off was wasted. Not feeling well I’ve gotten in the routine of not getting up until 8 or 9. Not getting around to breakfast until 10 and a shower around noon. I told them I’m working from home until at least Wednesday. But likely all next week until we get the 5 day post-isolation test since it’s considered an exposure living with a positive person.

Silly ole Chemex didn’t come with any filters, and I didn’t realized the pour over I got from Stirling uses a metal filter (don’t want that). So I still have to wait a few days to try my pour overs. Have been enjoying using the aeropress at home and making coffee with different roasts for my wife and I. She’s a light roast, I’m med-light.

CAA4D230-F530-41D4-BD17-EEA84094F59C.jpeg

Brush wetter thingies? Never heard of or seen those. Hey @Scuttlesoap you seen these? What about you @Luecke3262
2022 shave #2 (DE:1 SE:0 Str:1 Cart:0) - 1259 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (3)
A&E Vanille de Tabac
Paladin Brush of Shame

Well, the first two shaves of this year I posted were lies. Switch the razors. Yesterday I planned on using the Gillette, but it was so late in the afternoon by the time I got around to taking a shower that I wanted to use the Essence to get rid of the scruff. So today it was the Gillette to get the numbers right. Speaking of numbers, long ago I stopped double checking to make sure they were right and I know I messed up somewhere. There was at least one day with 2 shaves so my total should have been over 365. Whatever.

Used Chad’s page to vent a bit today. Sorry man. Wife and I are still ill with something and work starts again tomorrow. Feel like the whole week off was wasted. Not feeling well I’ve gotten in the routine of not getting up until 8 or 9. Not getting around to breakfast until 10 and a shower around noon. I told them I’m working from home until at least Wednesday. But likely all next week until we get the 5 day post-isolation test since it’s considered an exposure living with a positive person.

Silly ole Chemex didn’t come with any filters, and I didn’t realized the pour over I got from Stirling uses a metal filter (don’t want that). So I still have to wait a few days to try my pour overs. Have been enjoying using the aeropress at home and making coffee with different roasts for my wife and I. She’s a light roast, I’m med-light.

View attachment 72053
I dig brush soakers and that one is pretty darn cool! I use a Marble soaker and an old heavy ceramic military barbers cup.

Back