The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Sunday:

2021 shave #332 (DE:117 SE:96 Str:119 Cart:11) - 1224 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (4)
Midnight & Two Provence
Stirling synth
Alum
Thayers Lemon (professional)
Zoologist Camel

Took a flier and ran this blade for 4 shaves. Sam will be proud! And decided I'd grace all those on the plane with Zoologist. Need something nice and strong to make it through the masks!
15C1041F-49DF-491B-A836-9DC9F2BA15FC.jpeg

2021 shave #333 (DE:117 SE:96 Str:120 Cart:11) - 1225 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (1)
The Sudsy Soapery White Sage & Lime
Paladin Briar
Alum
Thayers Lemon (professional)
Marc-Antoine B683

The weekend's shaves were utilitarian in purpose but professional in the result of course. But now we return to more variety and sophistication. This is a razor deserving of a title and I'll have to think of one to bestow upon it soon.

My BIL has a full beard but shaves his noggin and I've mentioned a time or two he should try wet shaving stuff. He actually brought it up on our trip this time because he has a desire to get a smooth result. I agreed to let him borrow some stuff when he comes for Christmas. I did mention it takes some time to make the transition, so I hope he doesn't just try a couple of times and give up the ghost. I plan to send some stuff back with him to borrow for a while.

Back to the grind at work. This whole month will be mental vacation mode. We got our tree after we go back home yesterday and got it decorated. That's the easy part. Now I need to start thinking about the outside lights and such. In addition to my wife asking for white lights on the tree this year, she wants coloured ones outside. The whole time I've been with her, I've been a white light, lined up with precision on the roofline kinda guy. This year I've even agreed to let them kind of droop between attachments like one of Fluffy's co-worker's pants after bending over to retrieve his lunch beer from behind the orange cone. I'm going to have to double the amount of outside decorations to distract from this craziness.
A02F45A8-FD21-4196-A40F-94C51A15B412.jpeg

Glad you had a good trip Dave!
This whole month will be mental vacation mode
Totally! What began in elementary awareness, still continues on to this day! Just can’t shake those extra daydreams and sighs at work, during December! 😫

I found a scent that both you and I can rave about (besides Russian Tea - that rocks as well) - Stirling just released Smoky Grapefruit - smells like you threw a ripe grapefruit into the fireplace - where you had a real hot fire that had settled into bright orange - red embers

I found a scent that both you and I can rave about (besides Russian Tea - that rocks as well) - Stirling just released Smoky Grapefruit - smells like you threw a ripe grapefruit into the fireplace - where you had a real hot fire that had settled into bright orange - red embers
I wondered about that. I have the bath soap version coming because it’s cheaper to try.

2021 shave #334 (DE:117 SE:96 Str:121 Cart:11) - 1226 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (2)
P&B Spitfire
Custom synth
Alum
Nivea 2:1
Thayers Lavender
Bleu de Chanel

This razor is just really lovely. I think I'm at the point I could live happily with just three razors and I think my shaves have mostly revolved around them anyway. Tried out Thayers Lavender for the first time. It clearly isn't professional level, but if you need to ease into Thayers it wouldn't be a good choice. The lavender scent isn't strong enough to last very long, but maybe strong enough to reduce facial hair growth?
EA26E46A-DF8D-4176-B495-C2E12E10EB9E.jpeg

2021 shave #334 (DE:117 SE:96 Str:121 Cart:11) - 1226 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (2)
P&B Spitfire
Custom synth
Alum
Thayers Lavender
Bleu de Chanel

This razor is just really lovely. I think I'm at the point I could live happily with just three razors and I think my shaves have mostly revolved around them anyway. Tried out Thayers Lavender for the first time. It clearly isn't professional level, but if you need to ease into Thayers it wouldn't be a good choice. The lavender scent isn't strong enough to last very long, but maybe strong enough to reduce facial hair growth?
View attachment 68650
Loving the Bleu!

I know you're all thinking - Wait! But what did Dave shave with yesterday? Here you go!

2021 shave #335 (DE:117 SE:96 Str:122 Cart:11) - 1227 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (3)
CBL Cigar Shop Indian
Paladin Honey Oscar Noir
Alum
Thayers Lavender
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
D1434523-3A42-46FB-BB03-E45421D6E2F8.jpeg

I know you're all thinking - Wait! But what did Dave shave with yesterday? Here you go!

2021 shave #335 (DE:117 SE:96 Str:122 Cart:11) - 1227 days of consecutive shaving
CBL Cigar Shop Indian
Paladin Honey Oscar Noir
Alum
Thayers Lavender
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
View attachment 68825
I did not shave with that! Fibber LOL

CBL Cigar Shop Indian
Paladin Honey Oscar Noir
Alum
Thayers Lavender
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
View attachment 68825
And a stronk no shave it was! Nice!

How’s things around the hospital lately?

Back