The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Dave, have you tried the Costa Rican coffee from Stirling?

I am also curious where you land on the coffee maker. We currently have a Keurig Duo that does a pot or single cups. I think I might look into the Aeropress.

Dave, have you tried the Costa Rican coffee from Stirling?

I am also curious where you land on the coffee maker. We currently have a Keurig Duo that does a pot or single cups. I think I might look into the Aeropress.
I tried a bunch of the Stirling roasts at the beginning and most of them were too acidic/citrus for me. Ethiopia is their go-to for me. I have their Breakfast Blend here that I'm excited to try, but I have 3 open coffees in my office right now.

The machine I'm focused on currently is the Breville Precision Brewer. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078RQVQF1/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_2WR7DZ74HDTA656QJ1ZS
Some of the reasons being: the large carafe size, I've found many of the nicer machines brew smaller amounts of coffee. Switching from a glass carafe to thermal, I've learned coffee sitting on a hot plate slowly gets more bitter. It heats the water to the range set by some group of people that know more than I that's optimal for brewing. Many settings options.

2021 shave #326 (DE:113 SE:95 Str:118 Cart:11) - 1218 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (1)
Old Cahaba Shave Club Brocha
Graydog Quilt
Alum
Thayers Lemon (professional)
Nivea 2:1
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade

Flip, onto the other side of the blade for two more shaves. This week continues the end of the year low motivation weeks. I have one more paper due that we got an extension for because of the strikes, but the rest of this semester is just piddly assignments. A few big work things to do before the end of the year like evals and hospital goal setting. So that will be the focus of December. Trying to work up the motivation and corralling others while thinking about holiday meal planning and decorating game plans.

And can I just say I'm not safe around cookies. Found one left-over from our lunches last week. Planned on having it as a mid-morning or lunch snack. Then it was just breaking off a little piece to have with coffee. Now it seems to have disappeared.
6EF0117E-E29B-4887-B772-82AE329B7416.jpeg

Yeah, cookies, cakes and other baked goods seem to disappear around our household as well. I guess that they just don't make them like the used to, same as just about everything else in our world today. 😜

I have not tried a pour over before. I have a bunch of the different things like a lot of you guys like the Aeropress and French press and Keurig and Bunn and a Nespresso Inissia and a Ninja .. We ran out of the Bunn filters today so I used the Nespresso but I think I got the water settings off. I might have to reset the machine and start over with it. I used one of the reusable filters in the Nespresso BTW.

2021 shave #327 (DE:113 SE:95 Str:119 Cart:11) - 1219 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (2)
Old Cahaba Shave Club Brocha
Sorrentino Blonde Vixen
Alum
Thayers Lemon (professional)
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Endymion

Just reused the soap that wasn't used yesterday. Change the brush and scent. Bam! There you go.

Back