The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2021 shave #325 (DE:113 SE:95 Str:117 Cart:11) - 1217 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (2)
Sapone Di Paolo Terroso
AP silk smoke knot
Alum
Thayers Lemon (professional)
Nivea 2:1
Marc-Antoine B683

Well, here we are on the cusp of the holiday season. 1 1/2 days of work then wife and I are off to Portland for Thanksgiving.

Started down another rabbit hole this morning. My wife made the mistake of mentioning the coffee hasn’t been as good lately and maybe we need a new coffeemaker. Ain’t nothing wrong with the coffeemaker, but when a purchase of gadgets is suggested I wouldn’t want to throw up any roadblocks. Woke up at 4am and instead of going back to sleep, I figured I’d watch a few video of recommended coffee machines. Well, 3 hours later I’m regretting not getting that sleep on a weekend, but full of new knowledge related to the brewing of coffee. Long story short, my dreams were quashed this morning. I do plan to bring my office set-up to see if she also thinks I’m getting better coffee with the same beans there. Given my jonesing now for a gadget purchase, I may get a nice grinder for home and equipment for pour overs.
F878A7FB-4222-4CDE-A24B-499BDA16E34A.jpeg

The Blue Lagoon handle looks to be one of the shorter ones that AP Shave Co had. Sort of Duke-ish came to mind when I was packing it up for you.

AeroPress. Every cup fresh & exactly the same.
I use that daily at work. But home on the weekend we need something that will result in a big pot that gets used as people roam through the kitchen. Though I'm starting to think about doing a pour-over at home for myself on other evenings and such. Wife has a Nespresso she uses when she just wants one cup.

Back