The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2021 shave #322 (DE:112 SE:95 Str:115 Cart:11) - 1214 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (2)
Wilkinson shave stick
Stirling synth
Alum
Thayers Lemon (professional)
Nivea 2:1
Hermetico Source 1

No picture as this is big strike day #1. So far, so good. But I did a quick and easy shave this morning to get in early.

Hey BD @BarberDave just so you don't feel old alone. Got my MRI this week. Since the pain went away I was surprised when it showed 3 bulging (not in the good way) disks and a couple of spots of narrowing in nerve openings. Because of work, I had to push off seeing a PM&R doc until next week.

2021 shave #322 (DE:112 SE:95 Str:115 Cart:11) - 1214 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (2)
Wilkinson shave stick
Stirling synth
Alum
Hermetico Source 1

No picture as this is big strike day #1. So far, so good. But I did a quick and easy shave this morning to get in early.

Hey BD @BarberDave just so you don't feel old alone. Got my MRI this week. Since the pain went away I was surprised when it showed 3 bulging (not in the good way) disks and a couple of spots of narrowing in nerve openings. Because of work, I had to push off seeing a PM&R doc until next week.
Thanks Dave not happy about your back thing, but dont let it go too long hopefully there is a non-surgical option. Praying for you!

2021 shave #323 (DE:113 SE:95 Str:115 Cart:11) - 1215 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (3)
Wilkinson shave stick
Stirling synth
Alum
Le Labo The Noir

Again with the easy stuff. I did expand this shave to a full three passes this morning as the early scruff from 2 1/2 passes yesterday was driving me nuts. And change up the scent of course. Who needs to smell like the same ole thing two days in a row???

So what could have been a very stressful two days is probably going as well as it could. Our organization signed contracts in Southern California with 20 unions. They had contingent workers in place for that strike, so they were able to send a bunch up here so things should be fine today with the nurses out. 23 more hours to go!

How many days can you go without smelling the same?
(Showering doesn't count!)
Rough guess maybe 2-3 months with scents and AS? I don't have a huge collection by cadre standards. Could probably add another month with samples.

Back