The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2021 shave #316 (DE:112 SE:92 Str:112 Cart:b11) - 1208 days of consecutive shaving
Timeless w/ Wizamet (1)
Reuzel shave cream
AP Flat Top
Alum
Thayers Lemon (professional)
Nivea 2:1
Guerlain L'Homme Ideal EdT

Well, I guess I shouldn't have tried two totally new things at once. I don't think I've ever used a flat top know before and have only used a cream in a tub once before. I think I used way too little product? I ended up with not enough and overly thin lather that for the 2nd and third passes I had to end up just rubbing on my face. This razor I also know I usually use a mild blade in and yet I needed to discover why yet again. Just a bit too aggressive and ended up with some redness on my left neckle.

Things be heating up at the hospital. Had to talk to the chief of the ED at 2am, so I'm dragging today. Luckily I'm off call at 7am tomorrow. Got yet another strike notice, but "luckily" that one doesn't start until the week after next. So far that means only two simultaneous strikes the week of Thanksgiving.

The only other thing going on is bingo. Which should also be heating up. I'm hoping the guys start dubbing off calls like B2 and be ten left and right. Poor Jaro might even need B15. Who knows.
B6B20BAA-6B13-462D-BDC6-D2850B21A4F1.jpeg

2021 shave #316 (DE:112 SE:92 Str:112 Cart:b11) - 1208 days of consecutive shaving
Timeless w/ Wizamet (1)
Reuzel shave cream
AP Flat Top
Alum
Guerlain L'Homme Ideal EdT

Well, I guess I shouldn't have tried two totally new things at once. I don't think I've ever used a flat top know before and have only used a cream in a tub once before. I think I used way too little product? I ended up with not enough and overly thin lather that for the 2nd and third passes I had to end up just rubbing on my face. This razor I also know I usually use a mild blade in and yet I needed to discover why yet again. Just a bit too aggressive and ended up with some redness on my left neckle.

Things be heating up at the hospital. Had to talk to the chief of the ED at 2am, so I'm dragging today. Luckily I'm off call at 7am tomorrow. Got yet another strike notice, but "luckily" that one doesn't start until the week after next. So far that means only two simultaneous strikes the week of Thanksgiving.

The only other thing going on is bingo. Which should also be heating up. I'm hoping the guys start dubbing off calls like B2 and be ten left and right. Poor Jaro might even need B15. Who knows.
View attachment 66892
Nope none of the calls I recently found help me at all either !!

Hey! Someone else is playing!
I think everyone else is just sitting back quietly Laughing at all the call you are making and NONE of them being on my card.. I mean it is kind of funny when you think about it. I mean if I were Everyone Else I would be sitting back wondering how many calls can Dave make and there NOT be a single hit that counts on jaro's ( my ) card !!!! I mean its gonna become a challenge soon for you to keep coming up with calls that DONT count for me.... Its like when will Dave's luck run out and he Has to start making calls that count on my card.......... ;) :LOL:

I think everyone else is just sitting back quietly Laughing at all the call you are making and NONE of them being on my card.. I mean it is kind of funny when you think about it. I mean if I were Everyone Else I would be sitting back wondering how many calls can Dave make and there NOT be a single hit that counts on jaro's ( my ) card !!!! I mean its gonna become a challenge soon for you to keep coming up with calls that DONT count for me.... Its like when will Dave's luck run out and he Has to start making calls that count on my card.......... ;) :LOL:
R243

Sit right back kids I have a story to tell you. On Saturday I shaved with:

2021 shave #317 (DE:112 SE:92 Str:113 Cart:b11) - 1209 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Southern Witchcrafts Cedar
Muhle Rocca
Alum
Prorasso Mint and Rosemary talc
Stirling Christmas Eve EdP
82573699-5844-4399-B9E5-D4811ABD885E.jpeg

Last edited:
2021 shave #318 (DE:112 SE:93 Str:113 Cart:b11) - 1210 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Murphy & McNeil Granuaile
Paladin
Alum
Yardly Citrus & Wood EdT
Benriach Smoky 12 scotch
2F7AE1A2-1F4F-480B-AD74-68C0BEEABBFB.jpeg

2021 shave #319 (DE:112 SE:93 Str:114 Cart:b11) - 1211 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Wizmet (1)
Jerry Stark soap
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
Alum
Marc-Antoine B683
This space for rent for future bingo calls

Well, this week took a swift change. at 1am the pharmacy guild reached an agreement so that 7-day strike is off. Still have the engineers in day upteen of their strike and 4-5 sympathy strikes happening over Thursday and Friday. Those days will still be crazy, but not the whole week so that's cool. And I'm back to getting tomorrow off for an MRI and school or playing hooky from school.
8DE1544E-B567-4F13-9650-8E8D4D62BFAA.jpeg

Back