The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2021 shave #313 (DE:111 SE:92 Str:110 Cart:0) - 1205 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (3)
A&E Grecian Horse
TSC Legacy
Alum
Thayers Lemon (professional)
Nivea 2:1
A&E Grecian Horse AS

Whooo boy, things be a gettin' crazy. For those of you just tuning in, we're into day 40 something with the engineer's strike. Next week our pharmacists are on strike for a week. And we also have 4 other unions doing a one-day sympathy strike. One of those unions happens to the nurses. So needless to say things are changing daily and next week will be a wild ride. To top it all off, people are probably coming here looking for bingo calls. But wouldn't that just be too easy?

A lovely shave was had this morning with one of the first A&E soaps I had. I'm a bit over the scent as it's not complex at all. But we'll say I'm going retro today. And of course, there's nothing but dolphins screaming with the use of the OREN. I suppose adding be thirteen would be fair to those that read this far.
AB8ABC6F-ED8B-468E-8098-FCDB2349407D.jpeg

Yikes! Been hearing some about these or similar medical woes over NPR here and there. Doesn’t sound like anything is resolving any time soon? The company sounds pretty adamant about not budging 😫

Yikes! Been hearing some about these or similar medical woes over NPR here and there. Doesn’t sound like anything is resolving any time soon? The company sounds pretty adamant about not budging 😫
And of course, nobody that is outside the negotiating room truly knows what's being offered and asked for. I do get the sense that there is a mentality by folks that they supported the hospital through a terrible time and now want their due compensation while hospital and clinic operations have become more expensive to run logistically.

2021 shave #314 (DE:111 SE:92 Str:111 Cart:0) - 1206 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Wizmet (1)
Lakewood Beale Street
Paladin Honey Noir Oscar
Alum
Nivea 2:1N45
Atelier Cologne Philtre Ceylan

Video posted. I looooved using the Essence with a 1/2 DE. Super smooth and easy. I haven't used my other shavette for a while, but I think I like the longer tail of the Essence better.
DB14E3D3-E88F-45D0-BB03-F79BD2101650.jpeg

2021 shave #315 (DE:111 SE:92 Str:112 Cart:0) - 1207 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Wizmet (2)
Stirling Christmas Eve bar soap
Stirling Christmas Eve shave soap
Stirling synth
Alum
Nivea 2:1
Stirling Evergreen Forest AS
Stirling Christmas Eve EdT
Stirling beard balm
Stirling Ethiopia coffee
O61
@Joe Hackett it's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas!

Whooooeeeee my office is thick with pine! Maybe a touch too thick. This could be like Texas on Fire where I need to be a bit more thoughtful when I go all out with AS AND EdT. In the past, I've used Imaginary Authors Cape Heartache EdP when I want added scent with the soap. That might be a better choice for confined space.
109D3517-BF53-43BA-92F4-E91D2754DA69.jpeg

985F4838-69E6-45C0-BB24-A44E6C096D89.jpeg

62178197-A06D-48B6-8B16-4D9B399FC78E.jpeg

I29

So ... what do you think about the Stirling Beard Balm? Asking for a friend.
I think I need to try it for a few days in a row. It didn't seem to have much of an effect. I don't know if my hair is too wiry or I need to use it for a few days to soften it up a bit. I'm fine not using anything, but I was ordering and figured it would be nice if it straightened the beard out enough to keep the sides tamed.

I think I need to try it for a few days in a row. It didn't seem to have much of an effect. I don't know if my hair is too wiry or I need to use it for a few days to soften it up a bit. I'm fine not using anything, but I was ordering and figured it would be nice if it straightened the beard out enough to keep the sides tamed.
That’s what I am looking for, taming mine a bit. But want something with a light scent that won’t interfere with an AS.

That’s what I am looking for, taming mine a bit. But want something with a light scent that won’t interfere with an AS.
I got the unscented and the product itself as some scent, but I didn't notice it at all after application.

Back