The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Dang man! You accumulate PTO days faster than you get free lunches! You must have some significant time put in on the executive chain gang! Nice!
Actually at our company you max out PTO accrual at 5 years. It’s like 3 days a month.

Since I wasn’t able to take off pretty much all summer, I now have to figure out how to use the rest of my PTO between now and the end of the year so I don’t lose it. Looks like lots of Cadre Fridays in my future!
I had the same issue and I’m trying to burn what PTO I can. I think I’m still going to lose at least a week.

2021 shave #309 (DE:110 SE:90 Str:109 Cart:0) - 1201 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather PRO (4)
The Holy Black Autumnal
Graydog Quilt
Alum
Thayers Lemon (professional)
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Bayolea

Mercy, what a day. And my boss again scheduled a meeting for 3pm on a Friday. Ey ye ye. On-call for a week start tomorrow morning. Engineer strike still going on. Fingers crossed.
AE970AFE-80B0-4EE3-8127-F302B0BBDFF4.jpeg

2021 shave #312 (DE:111 SE:91 Str:110 Cart:0) - 1204 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Storybook Soapworks Visions and Revisions
Custom synth
Alum
Thayers Lemon (professional)
Nivea N40
Storybook Soapworks Visions and Revisions AS

Well Gear, let me tell you. Full weekend I suppose. We had gotten a message from a neighbor at the house we own that after the big storm parts of the fence between us were leaning over. We went Saturday to assess. One section was simple enough and caused because the top wooden rail was somewhat rotten on the end. The other part is more complicated, in a social way. The fence is built on a short retaining wall with her property maybe 2 - 2 1/2 higher and it appears there was so much rain and not enough drainage that the base of a post was pushed towards our side. Now, if the fence was broken I'd happily pay for half. But my understanding is anything landscape-related causing the issue on her side is her responsibility. She's getting some fence people out, but I can see this leading up to an uncomfortable conversation. The other crappy part is she's the type to just pay for people to come to fix things and her nor her boyfriend do any work themselves. So that means I went and fixed the broken section myself for $5 on Sunday. Not pretty and I'm waiting to hear about it, but I'm not paying for aesthetics either.

A little break from the open blades shaves. I think the Pro blade is like shaving with the Asylum RX. I can do it without blood, but it also takes a bit more thought and days in a row can start to cause a bit of soreness in the neckle region. I think these two days were good and I'll be back to open blades tomorrow in some fashion.

Got some deck time in both days, but it's getting a bit chillier out there. Going to have to start factoring in the cost of propane running the big heater with each venture out there soon.
B520EE2D-6F6D-467D-9DCF-8B701941EC7E.jpeg

Back