The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2021 shave #304 (DE:109 SE:88 Str:107 Cart:0) - 1196 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather PRO (2)
Southern Witchcrafts Samhain
Graydog Education History
Alum
Thayers Lemon (professional)
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon’s Endymion Concentre

Video posted. It’s Halloween so there will be bloooood.
D891522D-7DA7-4CD0-A9E5-CB5CF8F625F7.jpeg

2021 shave #305 (DE:109 SE:89 Str:107 Cart:0) - 1197 days of consecutive shaving
Blackland Vector w/ Schick Proline (2)
Stubble Buster Grunge
Custom synth
Alum
Penhaligon’s opus 1870

Ran across this soap which I hadn't used yet. I don't know why it's called Grunge with a sweetish scent. Performed just fine for something that I thought was supposed to be a step down from the standard Chiseled Face line.

Totally forgot, I got my booster on Friday. Forgot I had until I scratched my arm on Saturday and that triggered a mighty soreness that lasted for a little bit. Then a wave of soreness for a few minutes on Sunday and that's it. Just like the other shots, kinda a coin flip how you'll react. It knocked one of my staff out for the day after.
4BF4D3B1-90C5-4D8F-9450-823E43B133E8.jpeg

2021 shave #306 (DE:110 SE:89 Str:107 Cart:0) - 1198 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (3)
Oz Winter
Oz Purple
Alum
Mark Buxton Nameless

Wow, a lot of activity in the journals these days. I would encourage some of the folks a bit newer to the Cadre to throw on a shirt, whip out your phone, and venture into the video area of the forums and post some content!

We got a surprise phone call at dinner last night asking how the youngest was after her injury during cheer practice. Turns out someone's hip collided with her face as someone fell. She's pretty much fine, but we fine out the "coach" was on her computer totally ignorant as to what the girls were doing, didn't notice and thus didn't respond at all. Wife turns to me and tells me I'll be writing an email from my work account. Cue bad cop. We'll see where this goes.

Sorry, no pic. I was lazy and a bit behind today.

... I would encourage some of the folks a bit newer to the Cadre to throw on a shirt...
Pants are important too!!

You know, your Tedalus doesn't seem to be getting a lot of love and is complaining about being ignored for 2 whole days. I'm here if you need me. ;) As for the coach, some have no clue whatsoever and are just nominally checked-in (to life, not just the activity!).

Glad your daughter is OK…we’ve got a whole new level of communication down here in SB. Messages get sent out for everything, it’s almost annoying. Coach better get back in the game!

2021 shave #307 (DE:110 SE:89 Str:108 Cart:0) - 1199 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather PRO (3)
A&E London
Paladin Vintage Port Cleo
Alum
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade

Going to be a loooong day today. And I don't even get a free lunch Gear! I stumbled upon a Spotify playlist called Songs to Test Headphones List. Has some good stuff to just close your eyes and listen to with a sipper drink.
645D08EB-B040-4C26-AFCA-C4A0C8713979.jpeg

2021 shave #307 (DE:110 SE:89 Str:108 Cart:0) - 1199 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather PRO (3)
A&E London
Paladin Vintage Port Cleo
Alum
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade

Going to be a loooong day today. And I don't even get a free lunch Gear! I stumbled upon a Spotify playlist called Songs to Test Headphones List. Has some good stuff to just close your eyes and listen to with a sipper drink.
View attachment 65894
How are you enjoying the Tedalus?

2021 shave #305 (DE:109 SE:89 Str:107 Cart:0) - 1197 days of consecutive shaving
Blackland Vector w/ Schick Proline (2)
Stubble Buster Grunge
Custom synth
Alum
Penhaligon’s opus 1870

Ran across this soap which I hadn't used yet. I don't know why it's called Grunge with a sweetish scent. Performed just fine for something that I thought was supposed to be a step down from the standard Chiseled Face line.

Totally forgot, I got my booster on Friday. Forgot I had until I scratched my arm on Saturday and that triggered a mighty soreness that lasted for a little bit. Then a wave of soreness for a few minutes on Sunday and that's it. Just like the other shots, kinda a coin flip how you'll react. It knocked one of my staff out for the day after.
View attachment 65698
I think Stubble Buster is an under-appreciated gem - decent soap for under $10. how do you find the soaps very lightly scented, but I think that is by design to be able to be used with sensitive skin. But their AS is pretty powerful scent-wise.

I don’t know why they called us one grunge because it’s based on or homage to John Paul Gaultier Le Male - guess it’s because both Grunge rock and Le Male came out in the 90s?

I’m 2021 shave #308 (DE:110 SE:90 Str:108 Cart:0) - 1200 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Scheermonnik Soek
Graydog Quilt
Alum
Missoni

Day “off” today still sporadic emails and texts to keep things moving. But I maxed out the PTO bank so back to random days off. Wife suggested a cleaning person come before our Christmas visitors, so I started cleaning hoping to avoid that expense. Also started wrapping Christmas presents. Bring on the friggin’ cheer!
2B623A20-BBBA-4395-AE9B-CA03F92FC2A1.jpeg

Back