The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Sunday:

2021 shave #283 (DE:104 SE:82 Str:97 Cart:0) - 1174 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (2)
Shave Revolution Oud Wood
Graydog Education History
Alum
Thayers Lemon (professional)
Nivea 2:1
Yardley Equity talc
BCC6909C-D688-473B-BD20-242FEC681D0D.jpeg

2021 shave #284 (DE:104 SE:82 Str:98 Cart:0) - 1175 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (1)
Stirling Christmas Eve
Stirling synth
Alum
Stirling Christmas Eve AS

Yep, it's that time of the year to forget about all other holidays and start thinking about Christmas!
AF7B69B7-F6DE-4945-B2A4-486AC6FF0DB7.jpeg

2021 shave #285 (DE:104 SE:82 Str:99 Cart:0) - 1176 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (2)
WSP Black Amber Vanille
Wolf Whiskers
Alum
Le Labo Patchouli 24

I keep forgetting to post these darn things. Another professional level shave this morning. Sure do enjoy using these folding razors.

Back is miles better. I can even turn to my other side in bed without it being a 6 step slow process. And I got in the car this morning without wincing. Now it’s more soreness in the hip with walking and standing, but that’s manageable. Even contemplating spending the whole day at work tomorrow. Just get enough twinges with faster (old man fast) movements to remind me to take it easy still.

995DF9E0-FD3D-4DCF-988A-173250A33C37.jpeg

What do you think of the soap? I had that flavor in a splash, and while it was pleasant, it reminded me that I don't like sweet flavored shave soap or AS.

What do you think of the soap? I had that flavor in a splash, and while it was pleasant, it reminded me that I don't like sweet flavored shave soap or AS.
I think that’s right. It’s actually not bad as a soap. A bit artificial smelling, but a little warm from the amber.

2021 shave #288 (DE:105 SE:84 Str:99 Cart:0) - 1179 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (3)
CBL Barber's Chair
Custom synth
Alum
Imaginary Authors Memoirs of a Trespasser

Oh Sam, Sam, Sam. Have you not realized that past postings of shaves rarely included the deets?

I claimed victory over the back stuff a bit early. It seems to have moved from my back to my hip and gotten a little worse each day. Not sure how that happens. My plan is to contact the MD on Monday if this weekend resting doesn't turn things around. I was going to email this morning because it was pretty sore, but the pills or moving around has seemed to help. That's the toughest part is knowing when to call vs letting the process play out.

Homecomming weekend this weekend. That means going to at least part of the JV game to watch the youngest cheer. Then two of them going to the outside school dance. This year is Star Wars themed with games and a movie. I was surprised to hear kids of this generation picked that theme. Also apparently dances are now much more about just going with a friend group and not being as formal. I'm cool with that.
D59BCDA8-821E-483C-B461-D4A1B4A40B37.jpeg

I know that you're generally "Deetless Dave" but you did include back info when required. I was happy to see a few days of *nada*. BTW Star Wars is kewl and has been since it came out. The Mandolinulagorianite series just reinforced it with the latest generation. Next generation, will see a different spinoff. As long as they stay away from a JarJar series, the $$$-franchise will continue.

I know that you're generally "Deetless Dave" but you did include back info when required. I was happy to see a few days of *nada*. BTW Star Wars is kewl and has been since it came out. The Mandolinulagorianite series just reinforced it with the latest generation. Next generation, will see a different spinoff. As long as they stay away from a JarJar series, the $$$-franchise will continue.
Do you mean the short little furry brown guys might make a comeback?!

Back