The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2022 shave #244 (DE:90 SE:73 Str:81 Cart:0) - 1136 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Scheermonnik Soek
Sorrentino Blonde Vixen
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Hermetico Source 1

Ya, I came in late today and I'm taking tomorrow off just because. What of it? Come at me bro! :D

School meeting was pretty good yesterday. I'll enjoy being on that team. Only a few meetings today so should be chill. Now if you'll excuse me I need to start my ritual of breakfast burrito and hand-pressed coffee.
View attachment 59504

Well deserved! Let someone else get stuck alone in the department! 😂
Cj4B.gif
So......
oprah-winfrey-day-off.gif

Well, we will see. After hanging out at two locations for several days, the lounge chairs I was hoping to enjoy this 4-day weekend were listed out for delivery today. Shocker to me. I assumed FedEx didn’t deliver on Sundays because I know they won’t pay their drivers OT even if your package is still on their truck during the holidays. BUT on my way home 1/2hr ago I had to wait for a FedEx truck that blocked the whole road while the delivery guy walked back and forth between homes and then got back on the truck WITH the box he was holding. Since this truck had to pass our house to get where it was, I was joyfully expecting to see a large box in front of the house. Nope.

2022 shave #248 (DE:92 SE:73 Str:83 Cart:0) - 1140 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (1)
Tallow + Steel Morikami
Copper boar
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Tallow + Steel Morikami AS

@woodpusher I see this stuff is made in Canada. Where’s the support for your fellow Canucks? I never seen you use T+S. A bit of a rough shave this morning and I’m not sure why. I thought I may have miss calculated and used a blade for the 3rd time, but nope.

Here we are the last of 4 days mostly off. I started a week of call Saturday morning, but so far so good. I keep thinking I should look at school stuff, but I know nothing is due yet. And there’s a bunch of online training we need to do through a medical quality organization that I did years ago, so I’m ahead in that game.

Dumb ole FedEx did let me down as expected yesterday. It would be very interesting to have a cadre member that works for one the these major shippers. Not to complain to, but to hear the other side of things. I mean really, what could be the explanation as to why a truck passing right past my house doesn’t make the delivery. Since they are fee for service you have to think they do track package delivery times, how many times a driver has attempted deliveries, etc. But obviously, since they never explain their screw-ups the public perception is they couldn’t care less.

The weekend has been just a little of this and a little of that. Spending a large chunk of time on the deck. I think as the weather starts turning, I’ll have to put some money into temporary things that will allow continued deck time. After this last year I’m finding I’m less interested binging whatever show and rather just enjoy the birds and the view. Finally got my camera out to get some pics of the birds that gather here after thinking about it for a year.
3156B170-6822-431F-BA3B-F8489F190269.jpeg

2022 shave #248 (DE:92 SE:73 Str:83 Cart:0) - 1140 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (1)
Tallow + Steel Morikami
Copper boar
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Tallow + Steel Morikami AS

@woodpusher I see this stuff is made in Canada. Where’s the support for your fellow Canucks? I never seen you use T+S. A bit of a rough shave this morning and I’m not sure why. I thought I may have miss calculated and used a blade for the 3rd time, but nope.

Here we are the last of 4 days mostly off. I started a week of call Saturday morning, but so far so good. I keep thinking I should look at school stuff, but I know nothing is due yet. And there’s a bunch of online training we need to do through a medical quality organization that I did years ago, so I’m ahead in that game.

Dumb ole FedEx did let me down as expected yesterday. It would be very interesting to have a cadre member that works for one the these major shippers. Not to complain to, but to hear the other side of things. I mean really, what could be the explanation as to why a truck passing right past my house doesn’t make the delivery. Since they are fee for service you have to think they do track package delivery times, how many times a driver has attempted deliveries, etc. But obviously, since they never explain their screw-ups the public perception is they couldn’t care less.

The weekend has been just a little of this and a little of that. Spending a large chunk of time on the deck. I think as the weather starts turning, I’ll have to put some money into temporary things that will allow continued deck time. After this last year I’m finding I’m less interested binging whatever show and rather just enjoy the birds and the view. Finally got my camera out to get some pics of the birds that gather here after thinking about it for a year.
View attachment 59886
Hey... A birdbath with Scotch, Bourbon, or Mezcal... ya Mezcal could provide much entertainment and great pictures, as there is nothing like drunk birds... ( JUST KIDDING PETA ) actually pyracantha berries do it naturally. Nothing like watching a brood of mail Gamble Quail stumbling around after binging on those berries....... and yes there is not much to do when you live Rural, hehe

Back