The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2021 shave #230 (DE:84 SE:70 Str:76 Cart:0) - 1122 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector w/ Schick Proline (3)
Chiseled Face Cinnawood Boroka
Sorrentino Blonde
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Chiseled Face Cinnawood Boroka AS

Morning cadre! Have today off to burn some PTO. Meeting schedules made it so I couldn’t do a 3-day weekend but that’s cool. Dropped the kids off at school. The opening of the middle and elementary schools turned it into a traffic jam and an obstacle course of parents walking the little ones. No worries. I had no where to go but back to home and now enjoying breakfast on the deck.
9A5C05F3-1585-4852-ACDF-75B26B06EA1A.jpeg

Random Thursday off?! Weird lol 😂

Hope it was enjoyable at least. I wondered why you were dipping into the whiskey early 😜

Sunday:

2021 shave #233 (DE:85 SE:70 Str:78 Cart:0) - 1125 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (1)
L&L After the Rain
TSC Legacy (yes I know I took a picture of another brush)
Alum
Thayers Lemon
L&L After the Rain AS
Bleu de Chanel

Video posted
FF982845-C05D-4755-A6EE-C99E221E7262.jpeg

2021 shave #234 (DE:85 SE:70 Str:79 Cart:0) - 1126 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Saponificio Varesino 2.0 two-band 26mm Manchurian High Mountain White badger knot in Ziricote handle
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Saponificio Varesino Opuntia AS

So today's comment is related to my bath soap. Point #1 Stirling needs to make Christmas Eve soap year around or at least change the name to something not seasonal so they can. I bought coniferous hoping it would be similar. Nope, smells slightly of wood and no pine at all. Point #2 I thank Stirling for sending samples with their orders. I pulled out a sample of Iced Coffee bath soap thinking that maybe I would enjoy the fresh smell of coffee every morning just as much as pine. I forgot that "iced" in the Stirling world means menthol.
F4C0343F-1194-4873-B80A-27F1D73253D9.jpeg

I pulled out a sample of Iced Coffee bath soap thinking that maybe I would enjoy the fresh smell of coffee every morning just as much as pine. I forgot that "iced" in the Stirling world means menthol.
Hope the reaction wasn’t too bad! 😵

First this Horse and Crocodile thing, and now you don't know when Christmas is. Should we be getting worried??
I'm just saying I'll be buying 20 bars of it when they release it again!

Back