The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Huh, that's weird about the RR lather dissipating on you. Have you always had that issue with their soap? It's been a couple years since I've had one in the day-to-day use rotation but even with our crazy hard Lake Michigan water here in Chicagoland I never had an issue lathering. Wasn't necessarily a slam-dunk in post-shave but always slick enough.

Huh, that's weird about the RR lather dissipating on you. Have you always had that issue with their soap? It's been a couple years since I've had one in the day-to-day use rotation but even with our crazy hard Lake Michigan water here in Chicagoland I never had an issue lathering. Wasn't necessarily a slam-dunk in post-shave but always slick enough.
I have never used a RR soap, or if I did it was when I was going through samples waaaay back in the early days.

2021 shave #222 (DE:83 SE:67 Str:72 Cart:0) - 1114 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (1)
B&M Cheshire
Stirling synth
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
B&M Cheshire AS

Did I just get back from sneaking out for some errands which included purposefully buying two bottles of mezcal and accidentally buying a bottle of Booker's? Yes I did. Do I feel bad about it? Just the Booker's, but the price was good!
0C263565-43CA-43D3-9E37-2C49E831D258.jpeg

2021 shave #224 (DE:83 SE:67 Str:74 Cart:0) - 1116 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (1)
Stirling Texas on Fire
Maggard synth
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Stirling Texas on Fire AS
Stirling Texas on Fire EdT

I'm going to go ahead and claim posting today's manliest shave. I mean this stuff is so intensely masculine. So powerfully virile. That even @dangerousdon wouldn't glug it on.
A40AD8F2-7C12-4545-A3C0-55B54F342BB6.jpeg

2021 shave #224 (DE:83 SE:67 Str:74 Cart:0) - 1116 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (1)
Stirling Texas on Fire
Maggard synth
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Stirling Texas on Fire AS
Stirling Texas on Fire EdT

I'm going to go ahead and claim posting today's manliest shave. I mean this stuff is so intensely masculine. So powerfully virile. That even @dangerousdon wouldn't glug it on.
View attachment 57764
I have a sample of that soap but it gives me ptsd of our house fire....

CNR7yDq.gif

Back