The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

How are you liking the Razor Master soap?
If not for their tar/smoky scent I wouldn't have any either. Honestly, I don't really even think about the lather much anymore. It's either good enough to shave with or it's not. Another sign I'm getting old I guess. This is good enough to shave with. I wish they sent it in containers, but oh well. And I really enjoy the woody scent of this one. Easy to lather too.

If not for their tar/smoky scent I wouldn't have any either. Honestly, I don't really even think about the lather much anymore. It's either good enough to shave with or it's not. Another sign I'm getting old I guess. This is good enough to shave with. I wish they sent it in containers, but oh well. And I really enjoy the woody scent of this one. Easy to lather too.
They just started to put it in tubs! No idea why it took so long.
I remember liking the scents quite a lot, but I'm young for my age, and still think about lathers! ;)

Last edited:
Couple of COVID things today. Just learned one of the surge models that’s been pretty accurate in the past predicts this surge to be the worst of all. So that’s great.

Then I was listening to a discussion on a cigar youtube channel where the host was almost bragging that Texas had declared this COVID thing was over and that if masks and all that were important you would think they would see a spike in cases. And that they didn’t and Texas and Florida have some of the best numbers. Here’s his ironic response to my comment.
8C854A25-5B66-4627-92DD-2784AF686EFA.jpeg

Couple of COVID things today. Just learned one of the surge models that’s been pretty accurate in the past predicts this surge to be the worst of all. So that’s great.

Then I was listening to a discussion on a cigar youtube channel where the host was almost bragging that Texas had declared this COVID thing was over and that if masks and all that were important you would think they would see a spike in cases. And that they didn’t and Texas and Florida have some of the best numbers. Here’s his ironic response to my comment.
View attachment 57003
I hate how stubborn Texas has been about this damn pandemic. The hospitals are more full now than they were this time last year. People who refused to get vaccinated are now calling 911 because they're experiencing bad symptoms. I understand personal choices, but c'mon, this is supposed to be a state of the friendliest people in the country and we can't even look out for each other and the greater good. Alright, I'm off my soapbox.

I hate how stubborn Texas has been about this damn pandemic. The hospitals are more full now than they were this time last year. People who refused to get vaccinated are now calling 911 because they're experiencing bad symptoms. I understand personal choices, but c'mon, this is supposed to be a state of the friendliest people in the country and we can't even look out for each other and the greater good. Alright, I'm off my soapbox.
I couldn't agree more. I just wish people would realize this isn't over. Original strain may be semi under control BUT delta and the subsequent variants Are Not... I fear we still have a long way to go.

Not to turn Nurse Dave's journal into the new Covid thread, but I got the heebie jeebies when I went back into Costco for the first time. Even though Ontario is 81%+ single shot and around 71% double-shot and everyone is wearing masks, being around so many people not properly social distancing was a bit unnerving to me.

I agree lets not. But I wish we still had the other thread maybe slightly title edited to include delta and other variants to talk ( like adults with No mudslinging or shaming )
We did but unfortunately thing became bit heated, as you have too many differing opinions, so we closed it. We are ok with it remaining in the journals as long as everyone is civil and respects everyone. If the need arises we will look at options of re-opening the thread if needed, but at this time it is not necessary. the journals are members thoughts, and theirs, and as long as we all play well no need to further address at this time. Thanks

Back