The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

We did but unfortunately thing became bit heated, as you have too many differing opinions, so we closed it. We are ok with it remaining in the journals as long as everyone is civil and respects everyone. If the need arises we will look at options of re-opening the thread if needed, but at this time it is not necessary. the journals are members thoughts, and theirs, and as long as we all play well no need to further address at this time. Thanks
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it a lot. Again thanks and have a great day..

It’s the same here. Everyone is making up for lost binge drinking time this summer and we just surpassed the last wave’s peak.

India thought they were in the clear too. Then Delta swept the country.

We just did our mask restock. Blah.

Oops, forgot to post yesterday.

Wednesday:
2021 shave #215 (DE:83 SE:63 Str:70 Cart:0) - 1108 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector w/ Schick Proline (1)
Siliski Citrus
Wolf Whiskers
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
?
Great shave my friend! Citrus!!!! And of course the vector!

2021 shave #216 (DE:83 SE:64 Str:70 Cart:0) - 1109 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (2
Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Sorrentino Sea Foam
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Bleu de Chanel

Forgot to bring my box of new soaps down so couldn’t try any of them!
7557388F-834F-4023-82D3-23C63E89725F.jpeg

2021 shave #218 (DE:83 SE:64 Str:71 Cart:0) - 1110 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Southern Witchcrafts Carpathia
Graydog Quilt
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Atelier Cologne Philtre Ceylan pure perfume

Did you guys know the Carpathia was a ship that recused survivors from the Titanic. I assume this soap wasn’t named after that, as it’s supposed to be a tribute to Dracula. I like the way SW does their scents. I could pull out the wood note, but everything else blended together very well. Not really much planned this weekend. May tackle fixing the shower door. And the usual manly stuff on the deck.
445DF456-8E26-4AAD-8E29-FCD5BBD57C1B.jpeg

Southern Witchrafts is some great soap! And I love their scents as well. I agree, very well blended.

2021 shave #219 (DE:83 SE:65 Str:71 Cart:0) - 1111 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Mammoth Soaps Almond Leather
Sorrentino Oregon State
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Tom Ford Vert D’Encens

I think this is my first go with Mammoth Soaps. It stood out to me for being creamy and slick. I can see why people will pay a premium for it.

I like the way SW does their scents. I could pull out the wood note, but everything else blended together very well.
I also agree. They make a great product with a very attractive and original theme. Glad you like.

2021 shave #220 (DE:83 SE:66 Str:71 Cart:0) - 1112 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Southern Witchcrafts Samhain
Maggard synth
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Marc-Antoine B683

Samhain is a Gaelic festival marking the end of the harvest season and the beginning of winter or "darker-half" of the year. In the northern hemisphere, it is held on 1 November, but with celebrations beginning on the evening of 31 October, as the Celtic day began and ended at sunset. And now you know. The scent of the soap is in the same area as Roasted Oatmeal Stout. Gourmand, but not too sweet. Good stuff!

In the bad stuff news, my personal COVID update. The state is using the CDC transmission level for the county to determine things like if hospitals can have visitors and how many. Last week we were in the orange category which meant we were going to have to throttle back to 1 visitor per patient. Today I look and we're in red, the highest teir. That means we'll be working towards shutting down to no visitors again. I have one kid mad at me because I've said no more sleep overs for now. Kills me when people say "back during COVID". COVID is still here and with a vengeance!!
AF9DC46A-837A-4C09-A95B-A71D48BDE342.jpeg

2021 shave #221 (DE:83 SE:67 Str:71 Cart:0) - 1113 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (5)
RazoRock Plague Doctor
Paladin Honey Oscar Noir
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade

I was going to do an open blade shave today but woke up almost 45min later than planned so just grabbed the best razor in the world. What the @#(*)@()$ is up with RazoRock soap? Performance-wise this stuff sucks. My level setting is Stirling. Be as good as Stirling or better to get used. This is not at that level. I have to keep it because of the name and logo though. This lather started to disappear as soon as I applied it and wasn't slick at all.

Been enjoying less stress recently. Getting school done early was big. Even when I wasn't doing work, knowing it was sitting out there waiting was always a thing. No major issues at home recently. Though my daughter was talking about hoping she doesn't have a seizure at school. So for someone that doesn't talk about anything and acts like there isn't anything to be done about anything in the world, that's pretty big. School starts for the kids on Thursday.
4C9C0EB6-8F74-4472-A2ED-6F3D14A7D0B5.jpeg

Back