The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2021 shave #208 (DE:80 SE:61 Str:68 Cart:0) - 1101 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizmet (2)
TOBS Grapefruit
TSC Legacy
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Tom Ford Oud Minerale

2nd go around with the Our Minerale and I remembered to use it and was reminded of how good it smells.

Class went well yesterday and got my last assignment done. Three more tests to go! The Savage and Cooke tasting was fun. I wouldn't buy any of what we tasted, but they were different and the guy was really nice and took us on a tour of the place.
D6C951C4-A3D8-4927-9154-3927C2DE67CE.jpeg

2021 shave #209 (DE:80 SE:61 Str:69 Cart:0) - 1102 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Paladin Natchez Trace
Wolf Whiskers Zydeco in Aztec Gold and Heart of Gryffindor w/ 24mm 2-band Badger
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Louis Vuitton Ombré Nomade

Forgot to post this morning. Lovely shave with a new blade. I really enjoy shaving with the SS.

On the way home I stopped to get some beef to throw on the grill. The woman at the check out asked about my scent because she really liked it :)
730F8BEF-B895-4961-93B7-249E9F0F09DA.jpeg

2021 shave #210 (DE:81 SE:61 Str:69 Cart:0) - 1103 days of consecutive shaving
The Holy Black SR-71 w/ Wizamet (1)
The Holy Black Oatmeal Cookie
Maggard synth
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Mark Buxton Nameless

Happy Cadre Friday! I’m taking today off because Gear said I could. Nothing special planned the rest of the day but likely I’ll run out to a liquor store that’s farther away than my usual trips and check out at tobacco store or two. Started the morning with acing my last test for the semester. Technically I’m all done early now and get like 3 1/2 weeks until the start of the next one instead of 2. But we can retake tests for a higher score, so I’ll probably do that anyway.

Had a shocking good experience with the SR-71 this morning. If you’ve been a long time viewer, you know I loved this razor on first use but have gotten nothing but chatter from it since. I pulled it out for no other reason than to match with my soap today and it was a great shave. Back to that first shave I had with it. Dunno what was different. But it’s saved from the chopping block.
FD901BD5-CEC5-4C85-BF5B-92D0CC08FDFD.jpeg

Saturday:
2021 shave #211 (DE:82 SE:61 Str:69 Cart:0) - 1104 days of consecutive shaving
The Holy Black SR-71 w/ Wizamet (2)
Jerry Stark shave soap
Paladin Brush of Shame
Alum
Thayers Lemon

Opps, forgot to post yesterday’s. It was a good day. Ran some errands in the morning. We had a bird feeder that only 2 birds could eat at a time and sometimes there would be 4-5 lined up waiting. We got a big boy that’ll feed 6 at a time. Found out when we got home it’s squirrel proof. The outer cage they sit on is attached with springs so if something heavy sits on it, it slides down and covers up the feed holes. We’ve only seen a squirrel twice and I don’t mind feeding it, but thought that was a smart solution. Spent the afternoon chillin’ on the deck. Then the Stanford mall for walking around and dinner. Ended the day with Ardbeg and peanut butter s’mores out on the deck. Winning the weekend!

D96095DD-57A8-4562-8F95-AAA6E266D8FC.jpeg

Sunday:

2021 shave #212 (DE:83 SE:61 Str:69 Cart:0) - 1105 days of consecutive shaving
The Holy Black SR-71 w/ Wizamet (3)
Jerry Stark shave soap
Graydog Quilt
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Tommy Bahama St Kitts

Video posted in bingo thread.

2021 shave #213 (DE:83 SE:61 Str:70 Cart:0) - 1106 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Razor Master Juha
Paladin Oscar Honey Noir
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Hermetico Source 1

Here we are, back at work. Had a personally productive and fulfilling weekend if not practically productive. 5 days working this week. Well. 4 1/2, I'll still leave early tomorrow for school ;)
A5E25EB7-2852-4177-881A-637202B77B7E.jpeg

2021 shave #214 (DE:83 SE:62 Str:70 Cart:0) - 1107 days of consecutive shaving
Gillette Techmatic / razor section #9 (3)
CBL Cigar Shop Indian
RazoRock synth
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather

I was looking through my shaving drawers yesterday and noticed the boxes for these razors all the way in the back. So here we are. Every single time I shave with this I'm surprised how close the shave is with no blade feel. Or that a blade this old that never gets properly dried out shaves so well.
CEC3A3B4-E2C9-4D15-A8E2-EE7A0E64F3C9.jpeg

Everyone needs some personally productive time too! Good for you, bad for those you were productive with?!?

How are you liking the Razor Master soap? I'm a horrible person, being in Finland and NOT having any. It's practically every other pic in our local shave group, so I dare not ask.

That Oscar brush is one of my favorite Paladins, too big for my style, but were I to splurge on a 28mm, it's that one.

Back